Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mgarmy

New Utility - FlyStart DLL

Guys,I just uploaded a new DLL to Avsim. Here is a description of the utility:The FlyStart DLL provides a simple way of defining and loading aircraft startup positions. You define aircraft startup locations by slewing to an airport location and pressing a defined keystroke. The DLL will save one startup location for every airport in Fly II. The aircraft orientation is saved in addition to the location. Saved startup positions are loaded by pressing another keystroke, which loads the startup position for the nearest airport. The FlyStart DLL installer will install the DLL and the user manual. The FlyStart DLL may be used with or without the FlyStart user interface, which is also available from Avsim.The utility should be available here at Avsim once it has cleared "security". Please note that this is an optional Add-on for the FlyStart user interface. It is not a replacement for the FlyStart interface.Enjoy,Allen

Thanks Allen,This is going to be a big help! A lot of nice taxiways were made by some well-meaning folks that forgot (or didn't know how) to add "sinks", etc. This will allow us to use their taxiway sets and get the plane off the runway and to a proper tarmac startup position!

Randall Rocke

Guest Eagle

Randall - Please explain what you mean by "sinks". I have created some taxiways and may be guilty of this crime.Keep FLYing

Guest DannyV

Excellent work Allen!!!Look forward to downloading it ;-)Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! Group

Eagle (I'll answer until Randall gets back),Using Peter's Taxiway Editor, you can select a "source" and "sink" location. The location must lie directly on a vertex point (you must turn on vertices to see them).If you do not define a "source" point in the taxiway file, your aircraft will be positioned on the default runway.The "Source" defines the airport startup location. I am not sure exactly about "Sink" (maybe parking ???).I also wanted to be able to save the rotation/orientation. You cannot do this with source/sink points that I am aware of.Allen

Thanks Allen! Eagle...what he said. ;) If you make a new taxiway and don't assign a Source, the aircraft will indeed start out on the runway. If the flyer wishes to taxi, etc., they will now have to slew first to the tarmac - if they are using the default ATC, there will now be no arrows to guide them from the start point to the runway.The "Sink" is indeed the parking spot. The Sink comes into play when a flyer uses the default ATC and lands at the airport. When they taxi to the tarmac, guide arrows will now appear to take them to the parking spot. Without it, no such arrows will appear.Basically, you create a Start point and an End point with the Source and Sink.

Randall Rocke

Guest Henri W

Allen,What a great utility again! Apart from saving the position the orientation of the airplane is saved. This is something that does not happen, even when one is using a proper taxiway source. Thanks so much for your great work.Best wishes,Henri

Hi Allen,Thank you so much for this great add-on. As you may remember I asked you for something like this when you published your FlyStart utility. I also asked Richard for a possibility to add an orientation to a source. He promised me to look after it.And now it is here :-jumpy and ....... it works fine.As far as I can see there is no integration between FlyStart and the FSDLL. You have to use both add-ons after each other. Or did I miss something?My next little wish: place the plane with its nose wheel on the source (in stead of the centre point), so that each aircraft, no matter the lenght, will be placed in the correct position in relation to the avio bridge.

Hans, thanks for the kind works.You have to use both add-ons after each other. Or did I miss something?You are correct. The two add-ons work independant of each other. The FlyStart.EXE will position the aircraft at the appropriate airport. The FlyStart.DLL will move the aircraft to a specified location within the airport.Allen

Guest Mgarmy

Allen,Thanks for yet again a great Fly! addon.Mannie