Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Fly II Air brakes

Hi All , I have a wee problem with the air brakes on the Peregrine 800 , I have assigned a button on my CH flight Yoke to activate the air brakes but all it will do is cancel the air brakes out when they are fully extended . Im wanting to set the button up so that when it is pressed the air brakes are depolyed and when my finger is taken off they are retracted . I have been able to do this once before but I'm unsure how I did it . I have coupled the air brakes with the wheel brakes and stiill I cant get it to work does this make sence to anyone and is there a way to do this ?? cheers V-SP.S. the button assignment is correct and I can see that when I push it the air brake's flicker but they dont extend but they do cancel out when I extend them manuelly .

I think this may be one of those thing that was broken in the transition from Fly!2K to Fly!II I remember when the coupled brakes worked in Fly!2K.When I found that I couldn't get this response in Fly!II, I programmed the key combination Alt+B to extend the air brakes. It is working, so I don't know why it's not functioning with your yoke assignment. Have you tried unassigning, closing Fly!II, then restarting and reassigning the button?

Randall Rocke

G'day V-s,Mate there are two entries in the Fly!.ini that need to be set as well as programming the desired keystroke.Go to options/keys & buttons/airplane keys and assign your desired key to Brakes (ground). DO NOT assign any key to Brakes (air) !!!!Then in Fly!.ini make the following changescoupleAirbraketoBrake=1coupleAirBrake=1I have the trigger of my joystick programed as the ground brake and in flight it operates the speedbrakes.On the ground it operates both speedbrakes and wheel brakes.Works well on all the jet aircraft for fly! II.Cheers,Roger @YSSYCheers,Roger @YSSYedit: pics.

Thanks for the info, Roger! I had also missed the second entry.

Randall Rocke

Will this work if I want to set my foot peddles to be the airbrakes? I already have my foot pedels set to be the toe brakes (when pushed forward). If I simply reset the two flags in the INI, do you suspect when pressing on my toe brakes in the air, the airbrakes will also go up?-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

G'day Randall,The strange thing is that this setup will go for months working flawlessly and then for no apparent reason one of the Fly!.ini settings will revert back to 0 and have to be reset back to 1. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day DK,Hate to be a fence sitter on this one mate but my answer is maybe/maybe not :-) sorryI don't use pedals but I suspect that if you set the two Fly.ini variables that the toe brakes would then not operate the speedbrakes in the air.It all depends on how the toe brakes apply the brakes and what was in the mind of the TRI programmer.The only problem I can see is that the L/H toe brakes should operate the LH/brake and R/H toe brakes should operate the RH/brake. This would mean that 2 separate signals would be trying to operate the speed brake and if you just pressed the L/H toe brake it would be commanding the speedbrakes up but the R/H toe brake would be commanding the speedbrakes down! You may have to press BOTH brake pedals to operate the speedbrakesIf you can couple the speedbrakes to just one of the toe brakes then this shouln't be a problem, but the variable coupleAirbraketobrake=1 doesn't differentiate between LH and RH brakes. BUT Tri allows for the use of toe brakes and Tri put the variable coupleAirbraketoBrakes in the *.ini so maybe the "brakes" in the variable coupleAirbrakestoBrakes has the "and" operator implied and would be read as L/H brake AND R/H brake. This would require both pedal brakes to operate the speedbrakes.Give it a try and see!Post back your results as I'm sure there are a few others that would be interested in the results. Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi Roger thanks heaps for the info on air brakes will set it up when I have a moment .cheers V-S