Sign in to follow this  

Australian Airport & Runway fixes UPLOADED...

Guest DannyV

Hi all,I have just uploaded fixes for the Australian Airport and Runway databases. Over 75 additional airports have been added (now 332) and there are now over 560 runways to fly to/from around Australia and her Territories. Each runway has been checked for accuracy and updated where required (about 97% of the entries were changed).Runway positions and dimensions, lighting and ancilliary information has all be updated. It has been a mind numbing experience :-zhelp updating them, but very satisfying now it is done *:-* I should have the NAVAID, ILS and WAYPOINT databases uploaded by the end of next week, work permitting. I have currently 120 or so taxiways made - only another 210 to go... These will also be uploaded in due course. I'm going to have a few days break from the databases and finish off the Hi-Res elevation data so I can get it out the door as well.Please drop me an email if you find the update useful :-)Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! Group

G'day Danny,Thanks for doing all the hard work: very much appreciated.I'm off to download asap.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi Danny,A big thanks from me as well, I look forward to the updates - nice to have some addon stuff closer to home.Kind RegardsAndy

Thanks for all the work on this Danny! I look forward to the updates to follow.

Randall Rocke

Guest Henri W

Excellent work, Danny. Thanks a lot. I am on my way installing your fixes.Best regards,Henri

Guest ben_

Danny,We've been waiting patiently for all your great work to be available!Now for a change how about a Pascal3d-Terrascene Sydney - that should motivate you no end ;-).Ben (fingers and toes tapping quietly while waiting :-beerchug )

Danny,Thanks. Like Ben ,I am eagerly waiting for your Sydney scenery.It's nice to fly VFR for a change.A Pascal 3d -TerraScene would be icing on an already tasty cake.Rodger.

Gee Danny I thought I spent a lot of time in the database when I did96 airports in Fly2K! Thanks you very much for your work! Hope you liked all the new lighting that's now in the sim. I must have spentthe better part of 1 12 yrs bugging Rich to get it in the sim I worked with Chris (well he did the codeing!!)but I did put my two cents in. Anyway thanks again for your work. Dan

Guest DannyV

Hi Dan,Yep! I love the lighting additions Chris added. Just need some T-VASIS coded now :-hah ...Cheers,Danny

Guest ben_

DannyHave downloaded it. In the zip file you have a 'Aust_ILS.dex' without a corresponding instruction in the readme file. Should this be imported or not?ThanksBen.

Guest DannyV

Ben,I added it by accident... It has all of the Sydney ILSs for ALL of the Sydney runways, but that's it as far as the updates to that file go. It will not hurt if you installed it, it is just not complete yet. I have half finished the ILS updates, but am concentrating on getting higher res elevation data for Australia to you guys at the moment. Expect the updated (FULL) ILS, NAVAID and WAYPOINT files late this week - maybe next week - work depending ;-)Cheers,Danny

Guest ben_

Sounds great.Thanks Danny.

Hi Danny,I had YTWB done up with taxiways and Terramodel scenery. Now when I went to YTWB, my work was nowhere in sight. But found it later about 1.5nm North! I assume this is due to the YTWB airport being in the wrong place in the first place.I've since redone the taxiways and Terramodels... however, now things aren't quite lining up as nice as they did.Would this be something to do with either the Taxiway editor, or TM2.1? I think they both use different ways of getting at the database info.Thanks for any help.Darryl