Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

FSAA ... enabled?

how do i make sue this is enabled ?thanks

JonnyThanks ... that was already enabled at 4xJust wanted to know if FLY2 had a setting that needed to be enabled in the ini file or elswhere.ThanksJohn

Guest Josve

I haven't done any changes to the fly.ini file,and I'm sure I have the fsaa enabled since I'm not have any jaggies in the sim,and I noticed a big difference when turning the fsaa of in the video card options :)Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

G'day John,I'm using an Nvidia geforce 2 GTS/PRO 64MB card with Nvidia 1241 drive and enable FSAA I right click on desktop then select proprties/settings/advanced and through the driver software select either 2x or 4x FSAA.BUT: On startup of Fly! II in the opening selection screen you MUST NOT CHECK "high detailed textures". If you do then FSAA does not work!Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Josve

This is strange Roger!I have always had high detailed textures enabled.....And if you have seen my screenshots over the past years,there ain't any jaggies.I have always set the fsaa manually in the video card options.I do beleave what you are saying,it only means I have not had fsaa enabled when I thought I had :)So I'm not going to change anything since I get some pretty good shots without fsaa obviously.Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Guest Kurt

I've found that it depends on the card/driver combination.When I first got FLY2 I was using the 10.80 drivers (GF2/64M) and to get FSAA I had to either uncheck the hi-res textures or if I wanted to use the hi-res textures and have FSAA I had to keep my render.ini down to around 32MB.Later when I started using the 22.80 drivers I found that I could use a larger render.ini and get FSAA and hi-res textures.Kurt

Kurt,(Cool name, by the way.) I also have a GF2/64Mb card, and I'm not sure which drivers you're talking about. I found that I'd get a CTD when I had "hi-res graphics" checked, just as soon as I tried to turn or pan the camera view. So...where can I get the 22.80 drivers?And can I get you to sign with a last name or initial so people don't confuse us?The OTHER Kurt...

Kurt,try www.guru3d.comgreat video card resource page for all types of cards with drivers galore and utilities to enhance your video card experiance. I like to live on the bleeding edge and usually will load the latest beta drivers for the NVida GF cards. I also use a utility named something like GeForceTweek(?) which has ton's of adjustments for GF cards, sometimes leading to confusion as to what's going on, but if you stick to small changes and see how they look you shouldn't get lost.Pete

Pete,Thanks. Judging by the screen shots of your repaints (my mouth is still watering) you've got GREAT graphics, so I will have to do that.

G'day Johnny,Yep it sure is strange! Everyone seems to have a different method. I think the post that said it varies with the card/driver combination probably hit the nail on the head.I don't know about anyone else but the FPS is a sure fire way for me to know what mode of FSAA I'm in.No FSAA 70-80 fps2X FSAA 34-40 fps4X FSAA 20-25 fps and can drop to low teens in high density areas.For this reason I use just 2X FSAA as the law of diminishing returns doesn't justify the frame rate hit of 4XCongratulations on THE BEST dedicated Fly! website on the net. An absolute must for anyone wanting to know what's going on in the Fly! world. Thanks for all the effort. I visit it regularly.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Personally I use Quincunx FSAA, I get no hit on frame rates whatsoever and I find the image quality and smoothness is actually HIGHER than with 4x AA. I'm using a Gainward GF3 500.Cory

G'day Cory,Wow! My old dinosaur card can't even approach that. I'll have to start saving my pennies. :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY