Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Just a thought on FLY's Future Development

Hi Everyone,Ive been thinking of ways we can ALL develop Fly's future and I'd like to run this idea by you to see if its practicle and possible.What if we create future developments based on more realism at actual specific points rather than lower quality/realism which have many variation.....let me TRY and explain!!My idea is to create development based on specific AIRPORTS and FLIGHT PLANS. If we take JFK for example this would consist of the following.1) Scenery resolution2) Air Traffic Control3) A1 Aircraft4) Building and FeaturesLets Start with 1) Scenery resolutionThis would consist of making tiled scenery just on the Flight Plan so instead of one person creating lots of tiles, several people could create individual tiles at different resolutions.2) Air Traffic ControlScripts/Programmes should be developed for individual AIRPORTS because each airport follow specific flight patterns. Imagine each of the following having specific script/programmes Info (ATIS), Clearance, Departure, Tower, Approach, Arrival. each one would have specific realistic information. (see clearance script ).3) A1 AircraftThis one maybe the most difficult to do.....but could a Script/Programme be written purely for the individual airport. So for example JFK would have 8 aircraft which taxi specific routes to specific gates and continually taxi, takeofff, circle and land. Or could we develop A1's that specifically follow our own aircraft (The one your using in FLY) on our Flight Plans and Land along with us.4) Buildings and FeaturesIf we take Washington DC as an Example, One person could create the White House and another create the Pentagon and someone else create the Bridges etc. rather than one person create everything. If 3d images buildings etc could be created so the closer they are to your Airport/Aircraft/Flight Plan the better quality they are and the further away they are the lower the resolution need to be.Finally I know this is brief and patchy but I just wanted to get your gears turning and Ive tried to keep the post as small as posible.I will post each subject individually with more detail if anyone is interested or thinks some of this maybe possible.Hoping you understand the basis of where I'm coming from.Thanks for taking the time to readJohnDC10 ProjectB737-500

Guest tonyc

very interesting thought. Let's continue on this.tony

Also like the idea. May I suggest we do this in two stages - first, develop the toolset that can be used over and over again to create such scenerios.For stage 2, develop and release a few routes around the world. But also, assuming the core "toolset" has been well tested, make it available to the public so that individuals with programming talent and time can take development into their own hands. What'll hopefully happen is that like airports with TerraModels, talented flyers will create add-ons using the toolset which others can then download to make their flying experience better.That said, I possess neither the talent nor time to participate, but I sure love the idea.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

By the way... ask Allen Kriesman and Todd Klaus for input. I bet their tools can be leveraged if their willing to participate.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.