Sign in to follow this  
falcon999

Please Please Help - constant Winrun.cpp crashes

Curtis:Try running without initializing the C4TO script. I find that Fly runs fine if I run without C4TO. Please try this a few times and report back. If we can isolate it to C4TO, then perhaps we can figure out what's causing it.Interesting, by the way, that you are running a Dell. I wonder if there's something loading from Dell that is conflicting with C4TO.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Hello DK:I will try Fly!II without initializing C4TO as you suggested. I never thought of trying that. C4TO in itself is a good program. I rely on it a lot. But of course, I will do anything I can to help solve this problem. I'll let you know how I make out!!Thanks for the suggestion!Curtis

I think C4TO is a GREAT program. I much prefer flying with it over the default ATC. But I am certain that C4TO and PMDG's Boeing 777 are conflicting somehow on my PC. C4TO runs fine on all other aircraft, by the way. But it consistently crashes Fly when I fly the B777. And as with you, I tend to have a desktop-crash in flight, although not always on approach.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

DK:I neglected to tell you that I don't have the 777 yet. Therefore that can'te the conflict on my unit. My crashes occur no matter what a/c I fly! I agree that "C4TO IS A GREAT PROGRAM". I don't know what I will do if C4TO turns out to be the problem. If it is, I'm sure that a solution will be found! Now that I have it in use, I can't imagine flying without it. I have had more successfull landings with its use than when using the standard ATC program! I think that we should all hang in there until a solution is found!Curtis

DK,Do you crash approaching ALL airports with the B777? Or...is this happening over and over at a particular airport or two?

Randall Rocke

This is a consistent problem when I have "loaded" C4TO and am flying any one of the B777 liveries. It occurs sometime during flight, including when on the ground taxiing to takeoff, in the air, or on approach. I've not once, though made it through a B777 flight in full from takeoff to landing.I've had the problem in different parts of the world (thus eliminating the possibility that this "bug" happens only in areas where there is custom TerraScenery). It happens with TerraModels buildings in "view" and in the air with no models in view. It happens with clouds and without.I had thought it was occuring with other aircraft, but that might just have been a one-off bad coincidence (that is to say, I had a Winrun.cpp error while flying the Hawker, but I've since flown it and nearly all other aircraft with C4TO and no trouble).So conclusion - Whenever I choose a PMDG 777 plane and load C4TO, sometime during the flight, Fly!2 will crash to desktop with a Winrun.cpp error.I wish I could isolate it more.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Good morning DK: :-) :-)I did as you suggested last evening. I started up Fly!II, without initiating C4TO, (used default ATC), and flew for approximately 2 1/2 hours "WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS"!!! :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 However, I don't think that a 2 1/2 hour flight is a sufficient test, so I will try a longer flight tonight, again without the use of C4TO (boy that hurts) when I get home from work. While flying around last evening, I felt lost without the use of C4TO!! :'(I hate to admit it but I think that you are correct in your assumptions; Winrun.cpp error may have something to do with loading up C4TO. :'( Looks as though you are getting closer and closer to isolating the problem. Boy, I sure hope so!! A lot of people would be happy if you did! :-)Maybe the author of C4TO should be made aware of the problem, (if he hasen't been made aware already). I'm sure he would be more than willing to help from his end! C4TO is such a great program. :-beerchug I would hate to have to give it up. I get better results flying with the use of C4TO.Good luck!! I'll let you know tomorrow how I make out this evening. Anything else you would like me to try?Curtis

Curtis,There are many things that can cause a Winrun type error. Was this flight with the B777? I have never had the problems mentioned here with C4TO. Though I have purchased the B777, I haven't had time to install and fly it yet, so maybe there is some compatibility problem.Some other things to consider - C4TO is not a program, but a script designed to run within the Flyscripts! program. Maybe the conflict is coming from Flyscripts! Also - are you running any other scripts besides C4TO?You may want to contact the author of Flyscripts!, Anthony Merton, and see if he can shed any light on this.

Randall Rocke

Randall:As I understand it, if the FlyScripts.dll file is in the proper directory under Fly!2, it will be "loaded" in the background upon Fly's startup. In fact, in checking loaded processes (I forget the keystroke, but there is way to bring up a window that shows all loaded DLL's), I know that FlyScripts is loaded. So when flying, FlyScripts is in the background at all times. I've had a few Winrun.cpp errors here or there since I installed patch v230 - before I ever used FlyScripts and even now. But they are few and far between. However, when initializing C4TO (using ALT-F12), the Winrun.cpp errors happen all the time with the Boeing 777. I do get them occassionally with other planes, but I'm not convinced its caused by something conflicting with C4TO, because I can run all other planes without the CPP error.The only time its 100% is when I use the B777 and C4TO has been initialized. That is why I'm begining to conclude that there is a conflict with something in my desktop configuration and C4TO. I want to reiterate - C4TO is one of my favorite Fly!2 add-ons. I too am dissappointed that I cannot run C4TO with the 777. I am very hopeful that we can isolate the problem and get it fixed. Hope this helps.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Ignore this post. I am posting a "top level" message to reset the window size for future replies. Please reply to this message for continued discussion on this thread.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Good morning Randall:My flight was not with the B777. I have not purchased the much talked about aircraft yet, but plan to do so shortly. My Winrun.cpp crashes occur during any flight with any aircraft chosen.I stand corrected calling C4TO a program. I knew that but for some reason called it a program in leiu of a script. I must apologize to Anthony Merton. You have a point about "Flyscripts" maybe being the problem! Do you think that maybe Anthony is monitoring this tread? I sure hope so!! I also have "Cabincall", (I think that is what it's called?), also a script designed to run within Flyscripts, installed on my machine for use when flying the BIG BOYS!If my memory serves me correctly, my problem didn't start the minute I installed C4TO and Flyscripts! I had many successful flights with C4TO after its installation! The problem started gradually. Its almost as though it was a build-up. I started getting the Winrun error maybe once every 3 days, then once a day, no matter how many flights I flew, then the problem became more acute in that my unit crashed during ANY FLIGHT FLOWN. That is the situatiojn now.C4TO is the only script that I'm running!I do hope that the information given above helps? Please let me know.Curtis

Hello DK:Last evening, I used the Fly!2 simulator for anorher 2 1/2 hours without the use of C4TO, (used default ATC). AGAIN, I didn't receive the Winrun.cpp error meassage. EVERYTHING RAN FINE!! THIS IS TWO EVENINGS IN A ROW! The more I fly around without crashes, the more I am becoming convinced (like you) that the problem is with Flyscript. But in all fairness, I will test it more this weekend and report back on Monday.How are you making out on your end? Any progress with a solution to your prpblem? Do you feel that you're making progress. Getting any closer to the solution?As I stated earlier, after getting used to and relying so much on C4TO, I can't imagine myself having to go back to the default ATC! It's just not the same!!!!Curtis

G'Day DK and Randall:This is an update as promised!! After flying agrond most of the weekend with Default ATC only without any crashes to the desktop and getting the Winrun.cpp error, I decided to try using C4TO again. But befor I did, I remembered some advice that Randall gave me for a solution to another problem that I posted!Searching the STC settings, I found that a setting was changed or I neglected to make the change orginally. AS RANDALL ADVISED, IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE C4TO, and want to prevent an overload error, THEN YOU MUST MAKE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES IN YOUR FLY.INI FILE: (you can't use both default STC and C4TO at the same time)showATCscrolling text=0use ATCsounds=0usefactoryATC=0Once I made the above changes, it was happy flying again. NO CRASHES TO THE DESKTOP OR RECEIPT OF THE WINRUN.CPP ERROR for the balance of the weekend, except for a minor (I hope) texture error which I will post later. Again, C4TO is the best!!!!Thank you gentlemen for all your advice and patience. I hope that this posting or update is of some help to someone else!!!!! After all, this is what we do best-help each other!!!!Curtis

I am pleased you got yours working, but for me -- no luck. I had already re-set the flags you noted above with no luck. I will check again tonight when I get home, but I'm fairly certain these three flags are set to "0" as in your Fly.iniThanks for the post.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

DK,Just a thought, I noticed that you said you disabled Norton, but actually disabling it does not make it go away. I would try de-installing it and then see what happens. In WinNT, Win2K and XP, Norton still has many other pieces loaded that may be interacting with Fly2. Need to de-install to know for sure.George