Sign in to follow this  
Guest Henri W

EHVB scenery uploaded

Guest Henri W

Hi,I have just uploaded TM scenery for Valkenburg airport, The Netherlands.The package contains airport scenery for EHVB (Valkenburg, the Netherlands), made using static models by TerraModels (Allen Kriesman), TRI, Biber Salsa, Cyril Cousinat and Harald Kraft. The scenery requires Terramodels Texture Pack version 2.1 or greater to be installed in your Fly! IIsceneryshared folder. (Look for tm21tp.zip, which can be found in the Avsim library.) Also required is the installation of Biber Salsa's static model pack biberall.pod and Harald Kraft's glider.pod (biberall.zip and glider.zip can be found in the Avsim library as well). The files biberall.pod and glider.pod should also be installed in your Fly! IIsceneryshared folder. This airport scenery has been made to match Paul van Roy's scenery of the Rotterdam area, which can be found in the Avsim library. It can be used stand-alone, but for best visual impact one should install Paul van Roy's Rotterdam scenery.EHVB (Valkenburg, the Netherlands) is a military (Dutch Navy) airport located near the city of Leiden, somewhere in between Amsterdam (EHAM) and Rotterdam (EHRD). It is the home base of Lockheed P-3 Orion aircraft, but it is also the airport for (visiting) VIPs.A file RUNWAY_EHVB_23.dex is enclosed that will allow you to slightly reposition runway 05-23 (DexImporter required). This is needed in order to have the 3D models for runway lights (courtesy of Cyril Cousinat) properly lign up with the runway.Attached in this zip file are two files for the EHVB taxiways, which I made based upon taxiway information supplied by Mannie Garmy. Copy EHVB.BGR and EHVB.TMS into the DATA folder of FLY! II. Be sure to set "SearchPodFiles=0" in fly.ini. To do this go to the (FLY! IISYSTEM) folder where you will have a file called "fly.ini", open it and in the section [uI] you'll find a line with "SearchPodFileFirst= ". If it is =1 change it for =0 and save this change.Finally you will find an airport diagram (thanks to Mannie Garmy) that will help you to navigate on the ground.Big thanks to:Paul van Roy for his excellent scenery of the Netherlands (Fly! and now also Fly! II).Allen Kriesman for his wonderful tool TerraModels (v 2.11).Peter A. Jacobson for Taxiway 2.0 used to create the taxiways for EHVB.Biber Salsa for his great static models.Cyril Cousinat (ROTW) for his kind permission to use his beautiful static models (antenna, military bus and runway lights).Harald Kraft for the glider models.Didier Rigault (ROTW) for VolEdit, a tool used to create the DEX file for RUNWAY_EHVB_23.dex.Mannie Garmy for the airport diagram of EHVB.Enjoy,Henri

Guest GrantM

Henry,Superb! Looking forward to landing there!Grant

Henri,Thanks for this great addition! It looks like a great place for rotor pilots. :-)

Randall Rocke

Guest Mgarmy

Hi Henri!Good job. Already had my first flight last night!I liked the antenna's used, gives you something to aim at when landing. I will send you the approach plates via mail later today.Cheers,Mannie

Thanks Henri,I downloaded Valkenburg but didn't have the oportunity to use it because since installing EHVB Fly won't start.I get the message that it cannot open EADIOV.PBMDoes the name of that file sound familiar to you?Bye,Gerard van Beusekom

Guest Henri W

Gerard,I am sorry. I do not have a clue what this file is. Anybody else? Did you install everything according to my instructions? Or did you install another addon at about the same time?I won't be back on this forum until late Wednesday night or Thursday. I will look into this problem then.Best regards,Henri

Guest Henri W

Grant, Randall and Mannie.Thanks for the nice feedback. :-) :-) :-) Best regards,Henri:-)

Hello Henri,Hereby also my thanks for your new contribution to our sim. Again it makes The Netherlands more realistic to fly in.However I tried to find glider.pod in the library, but it is not there. Later on I read your forum post and saw the name of the file is glider.zip. I now dowloaded both files and will try them out.And Henri............Keep them coming. ;)

Hi HenriThank you for this nice airport Valkenburg.I could not wait to see it so I filled-up the tanks of my good oldPH-WAP and took it for a short trip to EHVB.From Rotterdam to Valkenburg is just a couple of minutes.Took some pic`s for the album too.De hartelijke groeten ( greetz)Leen de JagerEHRD:-beerchug

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Henri W

Gerard,I searched my system for this file and could not find it. As far as I know my scenery does not use it. So I suspect you installed something else recently that is causing your problem. Perhaps try starting up using a different plane. And set the number of artificial aircraft to zero temporarily. And what happens if you delete my scenery? Does everything go back to normal then? Good luck,Henri

Guest Henri W

Thanks, Hans. I am glad you enjoy the scenery. BTW, I had included glider.zip in my zip file as well.Best regards,Henri

Guest Henri W

Hi Leen,Thanks for these great shots. I cannot wait for your PH-WAP. It is looking wonderful.Cheers,Henri

Thanks for the effort Henri,I finally reinstalled Fly and immediately went for Valkenburg. It's really nice. I like the elevated lights before the runway in particular.Something for Fly III to make them really work!I never discovered what EADIOV.BPM had to do with it.Three days before I installed EHVB I tryed to instaall the PA18 or something (the one PH-WAP is a repaint of). It didn't work. it muttered something like PitotStaticSubsystem: No Ports. So I removed the plane and some other ones. Perhaps I did something wrong then.Anyway I'm very happy with Valkenburg (As is the US senate ;-) )ByeGerard

Guest Henri W

Hi Gerard,Great to hear that everything works now. :-)In the description of EHVB I had thought about including the following sentence:EHVB (Valkenburg, the Netherlands) is a military (Dutch Navy) airport located near the city of Leiden, somewhere in between Amsterdam (EHAM) and Rotterdam (EHRD). It is the home base of Lockheed P-3 Orion aircraft, but it is also the airport for (visiting) VIPs, ... as well as the foreseen landing place for American troops coming to rescue imprisoned US militaries on trial at the International Court at the Hague, The Netherlands. :-bang This whole law, which is the ultimate (another) sign of arrogance of some people on this planet (in particular Mr. Bush and most US senators) really makes me sick. I have lived in the US for a couple of years, had a great time over there and still have many friends on that side of the big pond, but this whole US-centric business makes me extremely sad. I am glad to know that there are quite a lot of US citizens who have more understanding of what is going on in the world. My 2 eurocents.Best regards,Henri

G'day Gerard,>Three days before I installed EHVB I tryed to instaall the >PA18 or something (the one PH-WAP is a repaint of). It >didn't work. it muttered something like >PitotStaticSubsystem: No Ports. So I removed the plane and >some other ones. Perhaps I did something wrong then. The reason you got the error message is because you didn't have the Stearman aircraft in your aircraft folder.The PA-18 uses some of the Stearman files so you need to load the Stearman into your aircraft folder and all should be well.Cheers,Roger @YSSY