Sign in to follow this  

Error message on Fly!II startup

I tried to start up my Fly today, but got an error message: Stream corrupt. Cannot process next tag line. [file] File: streamio.cpp Line: 826This happened as I started up Fly after installing the new CH drivers. Now I haven't tried to reinstall Fly since I'm reluctant to go through the rather laborious process of reinstalling all the add-ons, so I'm hoping that someone might have an idea of what might be wrong.Thanks for your help.John IvanENHD

Hi JohnI had this exact same problem with Fly2K earlier this week - I tried upgrading video and DirectX drivers, and it was also suggested to me to:1. Delete Default.key file (System folder) Fly! should create a new one - if you are successful, don't forget to reset your key and button assigns.2. Delete the Fly.ini, Render.ini and User.rio - again, Fly! will recreate them and you will need to reset any special parameters if successful.3. Delete *.HST files in the Aircraft folder. New ones will be created on startup. If this works you'll need to reset your aircraft optionsPresumably these *.ini files et al. are pretty much the same on Fly!II as on Fly!2K - BUT...None of these measures worked (although maybe they should have, as I got these suggestions simultaneously from several people) - what eventually worked was that I watched the thing hang a few times and realised it was always hanging on the same part of the startup screen - as it's starting up it shows labels for each of the main aircraft as it loads them up - it was always hanging on the King Air, so I just crudely deleted that pod from the aircraft folder and it was all better...Don't know if that will help on Fly!II - I don't recall if it does the same start-up thing with the planes and all. If you want to check the whole of the thread (I got some other suggestions) it is topic #989.Best of luckBillyI Wish My Shoes Had a Slew Key

Yeah, deleting the default.key-file did the trick! Thanks a bunch! :)And the new CH drivers worked like a charm. Finally my rudder's centered.John IvanENHD