Sign in to follow this  

Rate.txt and Videoerr.txt files

Good morning all:While looking at my fly systems folder last evening, I happen to come across these two folders; rate.txt and videoerr.txt. Are these two files required? Can they be eliminated? Or is there something that I should take care of? The rate folder, I assume, provides information regarding average fps during my last flight?? Text in the videoerr.txt file, when opened reads" DrawIndexedPrimitive SVertex failed".Thank you in advance for any information or insight provided!!Curtis

These two files are error logs. They can be deleted, but will be re-created automatically under the following circumstances:Videoerr.txt will be re-created if you have any video-related errors. The SVertex error, for example, happens when you overload the video card. You'll then crash to desktop.Rate.txt records your framerates if you press (I believe that's the keystroke). Again, if you delete the file, it'll re-appear if you pull up the framerate measurement window during flight.You may see other TXT files, such as GTFO.txt. This file will contain other errors.In all, these text files records things while you're flying for debugging purposes later. All three I've noted above can be deleted whenever you want. -DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Thank you DK for the quick response!! I suspected that the files I noted were error logs but I was not sure.Its interesting that the list of frame rates listed in the rate.txt file, in my opinion were pretty good. The range was from 13 (the lowest) to 24.In a way, the video related error is a surprise to me because about a month ago, I updated my video card. I went from Nvidia geforece 256 to a Nvidia GF4 Ti4400 card. I didn't think that I would ever overload the new card. Obviously I did, or I would not have gotten the error.Thank you again for your response. Very informative. One of my goals in life is to always try to learn something new every day. Your response helped me to do that.Curtis

You would know if you overloaded the card b/c you would have crashed to desktop. The SVertex error often occurs if you allocate one of the texture memory slots in your Render.ini to "999" and you are using version 21.xx and above of the NVidia drivers. So if you do get the error again in the future, check the render.ini file for this overload condition. For some reason the 21.xx and above NVidia drivers don't handle the texture allocation in Fly like the older drivers. You probably have had the SVertex error in the Videoerr.txt file for quite some time.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Thank you DK!! I see by one of your postings that you are also having Runtime error problems. Wish I could help, but unfortunately, so am I. See my postings. I have confidence though, that someone hopfully will have a solution!Curtis