Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Taxiway Uploading need advise

Dear Fly!iersI have already done around 25 taxiway from my country Venezuela and some Caribbean Islands like Aruba/Curacao/Trinidad Tobago/Guadeloupe Martinique/Dominican R. that I want to share with all of you.I just want to know if I have to send those taxiway to someone else before release them to the public.Also How to release them as a single file or pack all in one file, pls inform the best way according your experienceAwaiting advise.rgdsCesar

Cesar,I would certainly recommend podding the taxiways before uploading. In this manner, you can place all of the taxiways for a particular region into a single pod file which can be placed in the Taxiways folder. Too often, taxiways end up being provided as sets of individual files which must then be placed in the Data folder - eventually this creates quite a crowd. :-)If you are not familiar with podding taxiways, you can obtain my tutorial which was kindly posted by Ken Salter here: http://www.thesalters.org/fly2/constructin...s_for_taxiw.htm

Randall Rocke

Guest nycflyer

Randall,The problem that I have encountered in the past is that the method you describe works only if the taxiways don't already exist in the taxiwayusa.pod. I have experimented with different mount prioities, but could never get new podded taxiways to override default taxiways. I could only get them to override the default ones if the individual files were in the data folder. The process does work though if the taxiways don't already exist.Have you done this successfully? If so, I will attempt it again with Logan when it's done.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Tks for the comment, but I already podded one by one, maybe my question was not very clear, I have 25 or more taxiways already podded and I have it on the taxiway folder tested, so I just want to know if should I release one by one as a file or zipped all together and uploading to avsim in one package.rgdsCesar

Guest nycflyer

I would definately combine them into a single pod file.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Scott,So far, all the taxiways I've podded have been for airports that didn't have them. I have yet to attempt what you're talking about, though I have followed your previous posts on this situation. I know that setting a higher mount priority to the new pod is supposed to bypass this problem - I also know that your attempts to do so have had no affect. :-(I tell you what - how about e-mailing your current unpodded taxiway files for Logan. I wouldn't be able to do anything until Sunday afternoon, but I'd love to try podding them, setting a higher mount priority and see what happens.

Randall Rocke