Sign in to follow this  

Can I change the ATC airliner calls?

Is there a way I can alter the automated ATC on MSFS2002 that will allow me to substitute other airline names for the ones built in?

Guest 727Fan

MSFS 2K2 supports some real airlines. There's document floating around in the file library called "ALL ATC" probably in utilities.Lista all airlines, manufacturers, and models types supported.Open aircraft folder of game. Open aircraft.cfg file with NOTEPAD.Go to line that says "atc_airline=". Insert what you want for the default listed. Save it.That does it.Rick

In order to use ATC SDK ensure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer. And yes there is a way to add airline names to the voicepack. I found that instead of using the SDK, I downloaded a program to de-compile the voice pack that came with FS2K2 and re-edit the existing pharases and wave files. I was able to add North Central and Republic airlines both of which are not included in any of the current lists.

Dear Kevin: I read your post in the old thread in the forum of Avsim about as adding the voice " SOUTHWEST " in the ATC of the FS2002. I have the same problem that some other peoples. In the step #16, I load my config.xml, but he/she never gives me to choose the language and of course the "Configuration was successfully parsed" doesn't appear me. I am using the FS2002 in Spanish. I revised my config.xml with the notepad and this OK (except the difference between usenglishbig and spanishbig). Do you have some suggestion to make me?. from already thank you. Jos

You need to have the latest version of Internet Explorer in order to have the compiler move to the next step. I was frustrated also since I couldn't get past step 16. Downloading IE 5.5(I think) solved the problem.Kevin