Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_

Advanced Checklist v1.4

Hi all,I've just uploaded Advanced Checklist v1.4. It is chock-full of improvements and stuff. Included are checklists for PMDG's 757 and 777, ROTW's Warrior II, and the Hawker 800XP. I've got ROTW's Socata TBM-700 in the works. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.Cheers, Tony

Thanks for the nice addon. The checklists work just fine. I am having a problem getting the editor to load, however. The error message follows:Failed to load 'Common Dialog' from comdlg.ocx. Your version of Comdlg32.ocx may be outdated.The comdlg32.ocx in my Win 98 SE system directory is dated 7/24/1997.I haven't searched Microsoft's site yet. Maybe the answer to my problem will be there. I thought you might want to know, however.Thanks again for the checklists!

Tony,I tried to load your sample Boeing 757-200.xml file into the new CheckList Editor and I got the following error.Any ideas?Alan

Guest tonyc

Tony, as soon as I clicked the "757" aircraft load I received and winrun.cpp error and into the desktop.tony

Yes. You'll need to upgrade your Comdlg32.ocx control. I developed this tool on Windows XP. And we all know how compatible everything is between Windows versions. Right? :-(Alternatively, you can upgrade to XP! :-)Sorry I can't be of any more help here. Let me know if you can't obtain an upgraded version of the control and I'll see what I can do.Cheers, Tony

Hi Alan,Blimey. If I only had a brain...Okay. I accidentally shipped two versions of the Checklist13.dtd. The correct version is in the Checklist Projects folder and is dated 6/15/2002. The incorrect version is in the Checklists folder and is dated 6/13/2002. Simply copying the 6/15/2002 version over the 6/13/2002 version will fix this problem.Sorry for the confusion...Cheers, Tony

Hi Tony,Although I'm not entirely convinced that this is the problem, I would like you to try the fix I've provided to Alan:I accidentally shipped two versions of the Checklist13.dtd. The correct version is in the Checklist Projects folder and is dated 6/15/2002. The incorrect version is in the Checklists folder and is dated 6/13/2002. Simply copying the 6/15/2002 version over the 6/13/2002 version will fix this problem.Let me know if this fixes things...Cheers, Tony

Mark,I have SE with comdlg32.ocx version 6.00.8418 dated May 22, 2000 and Tony's program works fine on my machine. Email me if you can't update your version via MS.Alan

Guest tonyc

that did the trick, except that the checklists don't show up for all but the cessna.....tony

Thanks for the offer Tony, and thank you Alan. I've gone ahead and emailed Alan.

Hi Tony,Well, now, I'm baffled. First things first, though...When you say "don't show up", do you mean that the load dialog doesn't offer them, or do you mean that after clicking OK on the load dialog they do not appear in the Checklist dialog? If the second option is correct (as I hope and suspect it is), does the aircraft name appear at the top of the Checklist dialog?Also, can you load the checklists using the Checklist Editor? Cheers, TonyP.S.: You may want to simply e-mail me to get this resolved. We can then post any useful information we dig up for others to use. TTFN

Guest ben_

Thanks for this great utility Tony.I needed to update my old Explorer 5 to ver 6 to have the XML parser, but I think I was probably a bit overdue updating to IE6 :-)Ben