Sign in to follow this  

Need help on where to find ATC audio files.

Hi gals,well I need you again. Here's the problem. I have 2 computers side by side. Both have MSFS2002 installed. If I fly the same exact flight on my older computer, ATC asks me to taxi to the active runway, the chatter drop down box and gives me 3 choices! If i elect "Contact ground control " I get the needed "progressive" (red arrow) to the runway. All is normal! On my newest computer all is the same except after ATC asks me to get taxi instructions the drop down box only gives me 2 choices! "Dial Atis" #2 or "Contact ground" #1....When I hit #1 Key it cycles back to "contact tower" (no voice) and if i hit the key again it cycles back to "contact ground" (no voice) I never et the 3rd choice! On the computer where it works OK I get a 3rd choice for "Progressive taxi" which is normal. I only have the problem at one airport. Both computer ATC's work normal in all other locationsThe question is this: where would I find the directory and files in MSFS2002 to "compare" the files to see what may be missing or where I might recopy the audios in case a file is contaminated or missing.thanksJoeKmco near Disnet World

The two ATC sound (audio) files are in your fs2002sound folder with the *.gvp extensions.

>The two ATC sound (audio) files are in your fs2002sound >folder with the *.gvp extensions. Hi william,thanks for the info. I think I found the problem and it may not have been the files. I may be wrong, but if an airport in MSFS has no parking facilities for the aircraft, like in Ft. Pierce, at Florida's Port St. Lucie Intl, you can NOT get a "taxi" ATC prompt for a "progressive" since you are always defaulted to a runway as that is your only choice via MSFS. Now I'm not sure about this 100% yet!!!Since you are a close by Orlando friend you might try flying out of the airport I mention to see if you can get a progressive taxi prompt, and let me know what happens!Willaim I live in Longwood off I-4 and maybe we can meet and have a coffee one of these days. I like to talk to fellow simmers and I was glad to see you are from this area. I am building a flight deck and if you want to see a pic let me know and I send you one. I'll send you my phone number in a prvt. Email in case you want to chat one of these days!Thanks again,Joe