Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Scenery again

I just noticed that there is DFW airport in Fly!2, and no Dallas the city either. If that's not true and I should have it, please help.Lvstudentpilot

Guest Dean

It is true there is no DFW, Dallas or many other cities and airports in Fly II. If you want to Fly out of populated US cities and airports you'll have to go to NY. CA. or Chicago. Or you can grow your own. That is one of the neat features of Fly II. Using the various tools in the file library like Terrascene and Terramodels as well as the built-in editor you can create some truely outstanding scenery. You can also download a large number of scenery files from the library.

Actually my Chicago had disappeared also. If anyone can help me get Chicago and Dallas back into Fly!2 it would be greatly appreciated.ThanksJeff

Jeff,There are no models for the cities of Dallas and Chicago in Fly!II - TRI chose to place some detailed scenery elsewhere. If you have the European version, I believe the detailed Terrascene areas such as Washington, D.C., Paris, etc. are included. If you have the original Fly!II release, you can add these areas by downloading them from the Fly!II file library.As far as DFW is concerned, the airport is there, it is not missing. Were you referring to the fact it has no models in it? With the Scenery Editor built into Fly! and the great Terramodels program by Allen Kriesman you can build it up in no time. (Even add some buildings for the city of Dallas :-) ) Here is DFW currently:

Chicago, however, is available right now as a download from the file library. This is the work of Ken Salter - he did a marvelous job of recreating a portion of the Chicago skyline, Meigs, and included a nice portion of Terrascene landscape for the area:

Randall Rocke