Sign in to follow this  

graduation

Hi,this is my first or second post in the new forum, indicating that I have been rather busy the most of the last year. Maybe some will still remember a few of my projects I had for Fly.The good news comes in today, that I have now officially graduated from university as a full fledged aeronautical engineer.Now, most important, are there any job openings at TRI ;-)Norm C

Congrats Norm!!! All the hard work paying off eh. Hope it takes you far bud.(For what it's worth, I remember you :-lol)CheersCory

Hi Cory,thanks! Man have I missed a lot of the good stuff for Fly. Hope Tom doesn't mind me downloading it all ;-)Norm

Norm,CONGRATS and welcome back!!!! This is one accomplishment you WILL remember.Yes, I remember your KATL project and the L1011 for Fly!. Regards,Bob Lyddy

Hi NormCongratulations.Shall we see you again on this great assembly ?Regardsjean

congratulations Norm,wish you all the luck and success with your new career.hope to see you more often in the forums, nowcheersBiber

Thanks guys! It's nice to see you are still there and yes I'll definately try to be here more often.Jean, are you and Matthew still working on the DC10? Was there ever a solution to the 'thrust' problem?Cheers,Norm

Hi NormI think Matthew is still working on th DC10 as we have screenshot from time to time. Since then, we have work out to produce 4 true engines and engine tuning is still a long (sometime frustrating) process. But now that you are a graduated expert ... :)Glad you will be around Norm.RegardsJean

Hi Norm,Good to see you're still looking in around here. :-)Yes we are still working on the DC10.... well I know Jean finished the model ages ago, but I'm still going at it, in fact I was messing with the INS over the weekend, and as soon as there's some kind of patch released for the Mac, John will get back into it with the graphics side of things.I never really got the thrust problems sorted, can't get any reverse thrust from the JetB model, but the TFan model won't work how I want it to either.... simguy seems to have left the forums, so there's not really any input. Having said this the DC10's still flyable, it just accelerates too fast down the runway!!! I also never figure out how to develop a custom engine model.... otherwise we could have maybe sorted something out. Maybe (if you have any time, and you want to) it might be an idea to contact Rich and see if anything can be sorted for the next update.... i.e. put a new engine model into the Fly!II code (with your expertise) what do you think?Anyway Norm, it's good to hear from you, and congratulations on you degree!!Matthew.