Sign in to follow this  

need assistance

having problems getting to fly my sim. Can anyone help? problem is runtime exception code c0000005(EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION) at address 6da9cfd0 winrun. cppline 152video card a Rage 128 ultraoperating sys. Windows XP1.59 G processor128 MB ram

Mate that is just a Fly! error trap routine and doesn't help much with trouble shooting.In your Fly! II directory there is an error log file called GTFO which gives a bit of a guide as to what the problem may be.Could you please post the contents of that log file.Cheers,Roger @ YSSY

Msg: Runtime execption code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 6DA9CFD0File: WINRUN.CPP line 152Time: Fri Jun 21 23:17:26 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)----------------------------------------------------------------Msg: Runtime execption code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 6DA9CFD0File: WINRUN.CPP line 152Time: Fri Jun 21 23:21:25 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)----------------------------------------------------------------Msg: Runtime execption code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 6DA9CFD0File: WINRUN.CPP line 152Time: Fri Jun 21 23:50:31 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)----------------------------------------------------------------Msg: Runtime execption code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 6DA9CFD0File: WINRUN.CPP line 152Time: Sat Jun 22 00:13:19 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)

G'day mate,Ok as you can see fly! is not finding a file it wants. This error can be cause by maybe an old *.hst file or *.sit file.First up go to your Fly! IIaircraft folder and delete all the *.hst files in the folder. Don't worry this will not effect the operation of fly!. See if that helps.Edit: Have you ever got Fly! II to run at all? Sorry I assumed that you had and that it just quit on you.There were "issues" with the ATI Rage video card but I think it was a driver problem. Maybe someone using this type of card may like to help?Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Mate,Thank you very much. That did the trick and i hope that in the future we can give each other tips. By the way do you have PMDG 777?if so do you know how to use the FMC?

Hello question. deleting those files helped alot, but it keeps writing them after i finish the game is there a way to stop it?

G'day,No you can't stop them being written; it's normal to have the *hst files around and normally everything works just fine with them but on the odd occassion something may happen to cause them to give problems. I've been running Fly! II for about a year now and only once had the problem you have just experienced. Just leave them alone and Fly! will work just fine;But if you have any problem in the future just remember to try deleting the *.hst files.About the FMC in the PMDG aircraft; try posting in the PMDG forum here at Avsim. I'm sure that you'll get lots of assistance.( but do read the manual first :-) )cheers,Roger @YSSY

Kolwaski,Actually, you don't want to delete these UNLESS you have a problem, as they are the aircraft history files (one for each aircraft). These are usually damaged after a patch, etc. and need to be deleted. After that, Fly! recreates them so information like your trim settings for each aircraft, hours of operation, etc. can be saved.If you do delete them to resolve a problem, be sure to go to the Aircraft, Options... for each aircraft and reset them for each aircraft - these will be stored in the *.HST files.

Randall Rocke

Hello again,well i am exhausted with trying to get my fly2. I have done everything that the forum guys suggested to do and i am still at the same place. thanks for all your help and if you run into someone who has solved this dilemma please give my email to them. kvphil@comcast.net

Kolwaski,Sorry to hear you're still having problems. The "Winrun" type error is not caused by the same things on each machine, as there are so many variances in OS, hardware, software, add-ons, drivers, etc. Here are some items I would need more info on before I could give any advice:1. Are you using the PMDG B777 or B757? If so, what patch level is Fly!II at and what was the patching order in comparison to the installation of the aircraft?2. Do you have the latest drivers for your Rage card?3. Are you allowing any other programs to run in the background while flying, such as Norton Anti-virus?4. Have you recently installed the ROTW PA-19?5. Have you made any memory upgrades since you got your XP machine?6. Have you tweaked or over-clocked your card?7. Does the error always occur at the same point in a particular flight or on multiple flights with different flight plans?

Randall Rocke

1. B777 and .230 patch2.yes3.deleted Nav4.What is that?5.no6.no7.yes. It always occurs at the loading point

Kolwaski,The PA-19 is a beautiful Piper tail-dragger produced by the ROTW (Rest of the World) group. There has been an issue with some users where the camera file caused errors.The current problems you are experiencing may be with your Rage Ultra, which I believe is an ATI card. The video drivers (DLLs) in Fly!II which are included in the Video Patch and Build 230 Patch are for GeForce (nVidia) chips only - when installed with other cards, there will be conflicts.Prior to the 230 Patch, the Video Update was a separate install, so you shouldn't have accidentally installed the wrong drivers (though it still happens from time to time). However, the 230 Patch automatically installs them (whether you want them or not) and overwrites the original DLLs. That's why there's a suggestion in the Readme file to backup and replace these DLLs after the 230 Patch installation with the original files if you do not have a GeForce card.Did you do this before you installed the 230 Patch? The files are the tri*.dll files in the root folder of Fly!II. If you didn't do this, you will have lost the compatible drivers. Unless you can obtain the original drivers from someone (I thought I had then somewhere, but now I'm not sure), you may need to reinstall the entire setup one more time. The steps would be: Uninstall Fly!II and delete all of the directories. Defrag. Reinstall Fly!II. Patch through v210. Install your subsidiary programs, B777, etc. Backup the tri*.dll files. Install the v230 Patch. Erase the new tri*.dll files and replace them with your backups. Fire up Fly!II and cross your fingers!Now, if you have already taken care to use the original video files, then I would suggest checking your AGP Aperture and posting your Render.ini for perusal - maybe it's one of these items.

Randall Rocke

I really appreciate your advice and patience with me. I'm just a newbie, but i love to fly!Thanks:)

I believe it works!!!!!!!Thanks

is there a way to improve my framerate? if so, how?