Sign in to follow this  

TOO FAST!

Hi,I have a problem with fly, its not running too slow, its running hyper FAST! I cannot slow it down and its REALLY annoying. I have checked distance compression but everything seems fine. I have the same problem in FS2002 as well. Everything runs at about 4times speed. For example, a 1hr20min flight took 20min, climb to 43000 ft took a little over 5min and the ATC messages are cut in half,ie I'll get half the message spoken before I get 'xx.xx did you copy?' Anyone got any ideas?AMD Athlon 1700XPGe Force 2MX400 64Mb graphics card256 Mb DDRAMWin 98Thanks Ric

Ric,If you are seeing this in both products, there may be a good chance that something is goofy on your motherboard and the system timer is not working properly. We use the system (clock) timer to accurately track passage of time. If your clock were to report time moving faster than it should be, Fly! would honor those reported times and the simulation would seem faster (or slower) depending on the error in the clock.The bad news is I have no idea how you could confirm this. I guess if their were some type of CPU timer monitor out there, you could do a sanity check with a stopwatch. It would be impossible to monitor accurately, but if it's as far off as you are reporting, then a simple 5-second check should report almost 20-seconds of time passage, large enough of a difference to check by hand.Rich

Thanks for the reply,Does the system clock also run the time on the menu bar? This keeps time perfectly, also I don't have the problem all the time, it happens about 70% of the time. How can you change the system clock?Thanks.Ric

no,scratch that, I just was playing around, FLY! ran as described above so I looked at the clock on the menu bar, it took 20seconds on my watch for the computer to go through 1 minute. is this what you mean rich? I restarted my computer and everything ran fine. is their no way to fiddle with the system clock?Ric

Ric,Are you saying that everything is now running fine? If the problem is with the actual system clock, that usually requires replacing a crystal on the motherboard. These are typically not user servicable. Rich