Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

More PA-19

Guest Henri W

Just another picture of ROTW's PA-19 in Leen's repaint. This is a screen shot I like a lot myself. I just put a couple more in the screen shot forum. I mention it because they will be lost in the ocean of FS2k2 screen shots quite fast.EnjoyHenri

Guest Henri W

Thanks, Johnny.Attached two more shots from a landing I just did at EHRD.Best regards,Henri

Great shots, Henri! Also, let's keep pumping the good stuff into the screenshots forum - they really need some help in there! :-)

Randall Rocke

Guest Henri W

Thanks a lot, Randall. I will certainly keep posting pictures in the screen shot forum, even though they get quickly buried in the majority of MSFS shots. It is interesting to see that even an MSFS shot that is mediocre at best generally gets a lot more feedback than a good Fly! screen shot. I am NOT saying here that there are not a lot of excellent MSFS screen shots or that my screen shots are so good. However, I do notice that apart from some exceptions the average MSFS user does not seem to be able to appreciate a good screen shot, when it is anything else than MSFS. That really is a pity. I enjoy a good screen shot regardless of the sim it was taken in.Cheers,Henri

Henri,I would certainly agree with everything you said. There have been occasions when a Fly!II screenshot has generated an appreciative response from a generally MSFS audience, but it's rare. I think one of the best things we can do is keep "the other sim" in front of the world - this sim has too much going for it to allow it to "disappear". I have also been posting Fly!II screenshots in the Flightsim Screenshot contests. Needless to say, I'm usually the only Fly!II poster there.

Randall Rocke

Henri,Those really are some of the most beautiful Fly!2 shots I have seen.Amazing!.Andy

G'day Randall,Mate I have always been under the impression that the screen shot contests were for FS2k2 only. The last one I can recall was sponsored by Microsoft and the prize was a copy of MS2k2 Professional.I have always noticed that "Bear"'s screen shots of the week seem to be FS2k2 only or is it my paranoid imagination. That's why I personally have never bothered.It's a bit like the world series in baseball......:-)If it's open slather then I too will start posting to the screen shot forum.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Henri W

Hi Andy,To hear these words from you really make me feel very flattered. Thanks a lot. In my opinion your screen shots are the most beautiful and realistic ones for ANY flight sim, period.How is everything going? I hope University is going well. I am sure it is. Take care.Henri

Hi Henri,Thanks for the compliments, but your screenshots are some of the best I have seen (including that other sim).I am just starting a three week mid semester break, I am very pleased with my results from the first semester, but I have applied for a transfer to "Whitcliffes School Of Fine Art" for the second semester - placing is highly sort after and I have my fingers crossed that I get accepted.I find the contextual and studio work at Auckland University a little too contempary, I am more interested in fine art, or "reality" based creations and design which Whitcliffes are well known for.Other than that and working part time to pay of my student loan, I am still holding out hope for the new patch so I can wrap up the scenery. The patch is my little glimer of hope, over the last months I have seen this forum thin away - which is a little sad, that said, there are many things to look forward to such as the ROTW ATR and RealAir Seneca.I have`nt fired up Fly!2 for a few weeks now, but I hope to get some stick time in over the holidays.Hope all is well with you.kind RegardsAndy

Guest Henri W

Hi Andy,I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope you get accepted at Whitcliffes. Working and studying must be pretty tough, but I get a feeling your study is also your hobby, sort of. That certainly will make things easier.Here things are going well. A couple of weeks ago I spent a day in the hospital, with signs of a heart attack. Quite frightening, also for my wife and two little boys. Medical examinations, however, showed that I definitely did not have a hearth attack and that my heart is in a very good shape. Before this event I would have been surprised if that wasn't the case, but now I was very happy to know for sure. The real cause of what happened to me is still unknown. I consider it to be a warning, so I keep it a bit easier, eat healthier and try to get more physical exercise. That is always good, of course, and fun as well.I hope the patch will come along. I can hardly wait for your incredible scenery.Good luck,Henri

The Screenshot Contest at Flightsim is sponsored by Just Planes Videos and is open to all sims (though the posted shots are usually MSFS by a 99.99999% margin). I've got one image in it right now - it's OK, but it seems I delete the best ones about 24 hrs. before I need them. :-)Bear's screenshots are his own - though he has Fly! and has been kind enough to feature some Fly! items in the past, he prefers all of the MS stuff. What we really need is a Fly! "Bear" to front and test and showcase all Fly! stuff. I know that it takes a lot of time and that Bear eventually gave up on getting any help for Fly! articles from this community - he then went back to FS.Until such a talented and carefree individual steps forward, we need to work together to inundate the sim communities with new imagery and background.

Randall Rocke

Hi Andy!Nice to hear from you!Your story reminds me when I was at Geneva's art school. I had the feeling I was not at the right place, with all those "conceptual artists" asking me "what's the point to do painting? everything has already been done... what? you do oil painting? ha ha, old school!... where's your concept? you must be more "avant gardist" than the avant garde" and so on...I really hope you succeed in transfering to Whitecliff, and find a place where you can feel "at home".Wish you the best!Pascal