Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

More PA-19

Henri,Glad to hear you are in good health, I can only imagine what a fright it must have given you and your family.Take things easy.kind RegardsAndy

Guest Henri W

Thanks, Andy.It also had some funny aspects. When the ambulance personnel came into our house, my oldest son (5) did not find it strange at all. After all, they were carrying an oxygen bottle, so he thought I was going to go scuba diving as I do quite frequently in the weekends nowadays.Best wishes,Henri

Hehe :-lol ,I had to laugh at that Henri, kids can say the funniest things at times.Andy

Hi Pascal,Nice to hear from you also!.I know exactly what your talking about, the truth is, there are probably 10% of the total student population that can actually "what I would call" paint or draw. It seems the majority of "actual" artists, painters etc go to Whitcliffes or AUT (another design school).I think the determining factor which led to my change, was anyone who shows the slightest bit of talent gets an ear bashing from the tutor - ie. its too pretty looking, too real, not contempary enough etc,etc :-8 .I managed to get good results by altering my realism designs into a contempary theme - which I did`nt like doing, but had to.It seems in the age of contempary you can draw anything (and I mean anything), but as long as you can describe or "trick" the audience into believing your theory behind the drawing - you are a good artist.This is what I see over and over at Uni, the most pathetic looking dribble - backed up with an artist statement to justify what the dribble represents .ie. con the tutor your peers.I have just finished the 3D design module, and I just can`t believe some of the pathetic junk I had to research.We were encouraged to research a woman artist (can`t remember her name), but her form of art was to have various parts of her body modified with a camera recording every aspect. For example, she would have a surgeon do a nose job on her with people watching - cameras rolling, her body "is" the canvas (blood flying etc) - just sick :-roll .I know this is the age of contempary design and I am interested in thinking outside the square, but I feel my artistic side is being discouraged where I am at present.At least I know Whitcliffes encourage self developement and fine art makes up a good portion of their design briefs.Thanks for your words of encouragement Pascal, I appreciate it.Kind Regards :-waveAndy

Halo Henri Nice picture.Where is the screenshot forum?I`ve never been there.Link?Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints