Sign in to follow this  
michal

Scenery

I've asked this several times and no one seems to know what the answer is, so if anybody knows please, please tell me. My question is, what default cities (buildings and what not) comes with Fly!2???? The first time I asked I was told dallas, chicago, san francisco, LA, and New York. Then I discovered there was no dallas, or chicago. Then the answer became New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Then Paris was added to the list. For a while people who replied to my previous posts regarding this question seemed to firmly believe that the final answer was: San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Paris. Well, I recently discovered that Vancouver is default in Fly!2. So now I have San Fran., NY, LA, Paris, and Vancouver. If anybody can add to that list I would be grateful. Also I would be reluctant to believe someone if they told me that there are no other default cities in Fly!2 because evry answer I have received so far, has changed. Very simple question I am asking, "What default cities are in Fly!2?" If anyone is sure about the answer to this question, I would greatly appreciate your help.Thank YouLvstudentpilot

Guest ben_

JohnnyOn the back of my box there are only 4 cities specifically mentioned:New York, San Francisco, Paris and Vancouver plus over 100 global ciies modelled to accurately depict topographical textures with typical terrain type (whatever that means :-) )For my "typical" installation mode - I have found under the Terminal reality/Fly2/Scenery folder:Frankfurt, New York, Paris, San Francisco and Washington.I purchased in Australia which I think was the European 2CD set.Ben

Guest Eagle

Have you flown into a city that does not have scenery? If so let us know here in this forum and perhaps someone can provide you with some.Keep FLYing

Hi and G'day to you studentpilot,I don't know if this is much help to you, but I have the Euro version of Fly2 (2 CDs) One Prog and 1 scenery.The scenery CD holds the following Default High scenery CitiesFrankfurt, Paris, NewYork, San Fran and Wash DC.However the Box only mentions "high detail ground textures for Frankfurt, Paris and San Francisco. But as mentioned b4 after installation the Fly2 scenery folder holds the above mentioned 5 cities.I have not tried them all out as yet, as right now I am trying to solve my render.ini probs with all possible tweaks I can think of.So hope this adds a bit more to your info up to date,Cheers for nowMarco1

Just wanted to thank everyone who responded to my "Scenery" question, I was about pulling my hair out thinking that TRI may had put many more detailed cities in Fly!2 and not knowing which cities they had done. It's too bad that TRI couldn't give us any more detailed cities to fly into, over or out of. If only Fly!2 had as much scenery as Microsoft's FS2002, or if MSFS2002 had the same level of technicality and function in their aircrafts systems and cockpits, then I'd be set. It's frustratingly ironic to me that both of those simulators fall short where the other has excelled. I don't know if anybody feels the same way, but it kinda ticks me off. If only there was a program to convert FS2002 scenery into Fly!2, with FS2002 having almost 100 cities around the world detailed it would be great, but I'm sure that that would be impossible... but what else could I expect, luck has never been one of my atrong points. Also, one more question, is there an easy way to convert scenery from fly! (fly! #1) to fly!2? If so could someone direct me to the necessary files and documentation to do so?Once again thanks, I appreciate everybody's help.Lvstudentpilot

I have realized some time ago that chance of getting better scenery in FLY!2 was slim indeed. It was much easier to get FLY-like aircraft into FS2002. So I resigned myself to using the FS2002 as my scenery "operating system" but I never use Miscosoft provided aircraft. And scenery (with add-ons) available for FS2002 is indeed nothing short of phenomenal.And add-on anything for any simulator seems always vastly superior just because talented individuals were able to do just one thing but do it right. Take the FLY aircraft. They come with nice looking panels, no question about it. They also come with "systems". But some of those systems are just for show or much worse they do not operate correctly. Take for example prop-control on the Malibu. Who could ask for a more basic, fundamental 'system' for a GA pilot. Yet it does not operate correctly. You pull on the prop control and fuel flow remains constant - does not make sense at all. Yet there are already GA add-on aircraft for FS2002 where it does operate right. Or take another pretty darn important piece of avionics - Flight Director. I would like to see a single FLY aircraft where it works correctly. It may work only on PMDG aircraft - though not sure about it.Frankly I am becoming more & more impressed with those designers who do not promise you everything, they do not give you a complete aircraft with every single system & subsystem but whatever they give you works 100% right. Michael J.