Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

As good as it gets........

G'day all,Taxi-ing back to the hangars after a late afternoon flight.Just love flying this aircraft. The cockpit ambiance is fantastic.Just wanted to share the feeling!Why I love Fly! IIThanks to all the developers who make this screenshot possibleROTW aircraftPeter Jacobs taxiwayElrond Elvish ground transformAlan Kriesman terramodelsMatt Naragon skyfire2.0and all the other developers whose work I use with Fly! IICheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest ben_

RogerThat ambience is hard to define but wonderful to experience.You know there's a 630 page handbook for the TMB700 that's free to download?Ben

G'day Ben,You're not wrong. Most panels just split the screen horizontally and give little indication of depth. This aircraft literally wraps itself around you and simulates the confines of a cockpit quite realistically; at least for me.Thanks for the info about the handbook. Ill go look for it and download. Anything that adds to the enjoyment of this aircraft is an absolute must have.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Try it with some weather!!, heavy rain, low visibility, thunder and lightning. Brother, are you glad to see the runway lights looming out of the mist after a cross country flight in these conditions. Talk about realism and atmosphere!!. I too would like to thank all of those who have given unstintingly, their time and expertise to the hobby that we all enjoy so much, and, I fear, sometimes take too much for granted. Thanks folks, you are the greatest.Davegee

Guest Lindy

I don't want to start a war here (famous last words!!) and I certainly admit to not having spent a lot of time (yet) with FS2002, but IMO the panels/cockpits in Fly!2 seem to lend themselves much easier to VFR flying than do the default panels in FS2002. And I'm not referring to the instrumentation ......... rather the subjective "feel". So, yes, Roger...... I must agree with you. The experience is VERY good.-Lindy :-spacecraft

Guest ben_

It's a funny thing isn't it Lindy? You can name innumerable things that are done better in that other sim, but when you sit in a Fly/Fly2 cockpit there is a comfortable feeling that if you need something, it will be there.Ben.

Because "I" never start wars :), I let Lindy's response slide for a few hours. But I did want to mention, that regarding the "other sim", a selection of "add-on" cockpits such as the Dreamfleet ArcherII & Flight1 Cessna 421 are wonderful in the virtual mode for VFR flight. A very good "feeling" of being there with highly detailed panels!L.AdamsonArcher virtual cockpit in bank over Oshkosh EAA Air Adventure --- I'm not too much into the "other" default panels either...

Guest Lindy

Larry...... just knowing you would respond to my remark, I purposely specified "default" panels. :-hah And in all fairness, I've not yet located any 3rd party freeware panels that seem suitable. (I do not intend to purchase any commercial planes/panels..... just my own preference.) I'm sure part of my "comfort zone" comes from being much more familiar with Fly!2's panels/cockpits than I am yet with the other panels. I suspect that with more experimenting, I'll find a happy medium. I will say that those Virtual Cockpits are a great idea though....they take some getting used to, but I really like 'em.-Lindy :-spacecraft

LarryIs that shot taken from the back seats? ;-)Its not from the front seat perspective (I dont know trying to grab pheripheral views by cheating, tut tut ;-)Peter

>Is that shot taken from the back seats? ;-) >>Its not from the front seat perspective (I dont know trying >to grab pheripheral views by cheating, tut tut ;-) >Well............... actually yes! :) The shot was taken by the little guy sitting behind me! I kind of "ducked" out of the way, as well as the lady in the right seat...........Dreamfleet Archer II with 3 passengers