Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Sky pavement problem (pic)

Guest GrantM

Can anyone shed some light on why this happens, and a solution? For me it only occurs at KSJC and KRNO, the TM airport addons. In this instance at KSJC. I do not have this problem with any other Terramodels airports.Grant

Guest andrewluck

GrantLooks like a classic display driver problem. What card and driver revision do you have?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Grant...I too have had this exact problem and never have gotten a clear solution. It started happening to me after I Terrascened the mountains near Denver. As far as I can tell, the source of the glitch is the horizon that the higher mountains create and it appears to be coming from the direction of the sun. I also heard it was a "classic" problem, but couldn't figure it out. I'd love to get an answer on this thread and perhaps post it to a general faq if it happens frequently to others.Incidentally, here is my configuration:GeForce2 GTS 32MBnVidia Denoator 28.32 driversDirectX8 T&L : 1024x768Thanks for letting me chime in!Dan L.

I have also seen this on one end of a runway in the Greek Airports scenery - nowhere else. I'll try to find the spot and see if I get it again.

Randall Rocke

Guest GrantM

Andrew,Thanks for responding. Were is not for the rarity of its occurences, I might agree, but I use a NVidia 64Mb DDR GeForce2 Ultra with NVidia 21.83 driver and 99% percent of the time do not have these kind of problems. Since it only occurs with these two specific TM airport sceneries and not any others, it leads me to conclude it may be the file and now my hardware and driver. However, I have little knowledge of the technology of these things to know exactly what is going on here. Hence the submission of my query to this forum to get someone's expertise. I await it still. Thanks for taking the time to offer help.Grant

Guest andrewluck

GrantDay off today so it gives me some time to look at this a bit more.Downloaded the KSJC scenery (updated my Biber models at the same time). With a UA757 in the same position as yours and with the same view angle I've moved the sun and view around but can't reproduce those highways in the sky.Thinking back, I do remember some wierd visual effects with some NVidia drivers with my GF256 card. Certainly around the time of the 21's. I would suggest a driver change, either forwards or back and see if the problem goes away.Setup here is a GF4 Ti4400 with 28.32 drivers.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH