Sign in to follow this  

TGA Editor - Recommendation Please

I admit it - I'm addicted to TerraScene. However, to make my flight experience a bit more enjoyable near coastlines and borders with Canada/Mexico, I need to edit the TGA files to remove the base textures that get drawn where no DEM data exists.Can someone recommend a reasonbly priced program that can both edit TGA's and convert TGA's to/from JPG (so that I can import the TerraScene packs of other countries posted here on AVSIM)?I know JASC's PaintShopPro is right-on, but that's a $90 package. I wasn't thinking of spending quite that much.Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Photoshop Elements sells for about the same price but it recently included a $50 rebate. Not sure if that's still on but even without the rebate it is still a great deal for all that it can do.Don

You can try GIMP, the GNU Image Manipulation Package. I haven't used it myself, but have heard good things about it. It's free, so if you don't like it, you're only out the time it took to download.You can get it at http://www.gimp.org-Frank