Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

For Randall Rocke

Dear gentleman: I am user of FLY (FLY! and FLY II), from their first appearance in the market, and I should say him that with FLY! I was broadly satisfied. Nothing else to leave to the American market FLY II, I acquired it with a lot of illusion, and I have really suffered two disappointments; one really comprehensible and I wait that some day it has solution, and it is the absence of Meteorological Radar, and the non integration of the meteorological time in the shammer, when I fly on-line; and the other one, is a problem that apparently only happens me to my, and that I pass to describe him shortly: It happens me that in certain airports, and concretely in two of them Spaniards (LEJR (Sherry) LEAM (Almer

Hello Israel,I am also a lover of Fly!I - I still fly it often, as I have scenery in it that I really enjoy and a lot of special aircraft. Now that I spend a lot more time each month with Fly!II, I must say that I am more and more impressed with how beautiful it is (and in many ways) how more advanced it is for development and operation. It has come a long way since the initial troubled release - if you have indeed followed the patching and update sequences, you should be running well.You say that you have installed all the patches - may I verify that by asking you to what level you are currently patched?Have you installed add-on aircraft? If so, which ones?Have you also installed the Global Update?The weather radar was "broken" going from Fly!I to Fly!II - it is being worked on by the Beta Team, and should eventually be corrected.I'm not certain what you mean by non-integrated meteorological time - are you using Squawkbox for online flying? You may want to post specifically to Squawkbox users on that issue.I have checked the 2 airports you mention and did not have the difficulties you encountered. There are certainly airports in Fly!II that sit on non-flattened hilly or mountainous terrain. In order for these runways to be used, they must sit on perfectly flat terrain - otherwise you will sink through them or be suspended above them. Since others are not having problems with these airports, it seems your installation has improper terrain next to these runways. You may need to remove Fly!II and its original directories, then reinstall and repatch. Before you do this, I would certainly be interested in your current patch level.

Randall Rocke

>Hello Israel, Hello Randall,>You say that you have installed all the patches - may I >verify that by asking you to what level you are currently >patched? Patche 2.1.230>Have you installed add-on aircraft? If so, which ones? Yes, I have installed Socata Tobago and PMG757_214>Have you also installed the Global Update? Yes, I have it>>I'm not certain what you mean by non-integrated >meteorological time - are you using Squawkbox for online >flying? You may want to post specifically to Squawkbox users >on that issue. I mean that when I fly on line via VATSIM/IVAO it is necessary to introduce the meteorology manually.>...Since others >are not having problems with these airports, it seems your >installation has improper terrain next to these runways. You >may need to remove Fly!II and its original directories, then >reinstall and repatch. Before you do this, I would certainly >be interested in your current patch level. I have installed and reinstalled FLYII since I acquired it (the following day of leaving to the market in United States), and from then on, it has been happening me this problem. I believe to remember that only once, it left perfect the installation, but unfortunately I had a mishap in the computer and I had to erase the whole content of the hard disk. From then on, I don't get that the installation is correct, as for these airports it refers. For everything the rest, perfect. I modernize in the following way: 1) I install FLY II in C:FLY2 2) I modernize with the patches FlyIIfeatureupdate1, 2, 3a and 4 (other times I make it with FlyII152-210update) 3) I install Fly2update230 4) I install FlyIIGlobeUpdate ...next I install the mentioned airplanes, and some discharged utilities of AVSIM. Many thank you for their attention and patience. Greetings Israel Abril

Israel,Weather - I'm not certain what you mean by manually loading weather. Have you been using metar reports in Fly!? Once you load a proper metar for your flight route, the weather and other meteorological data should be loaded automatically as you fly. Infometar is a great program for downloading and "thinning" metar data so that it works better in Fly!II. There are some issues with Fly!II and metars. Sometimes they work well - sometimes not. The metar issue is being worked on in the Beta group. Also, there is a program called Autoweather which I believe automatically loads Infometar data on startup. There are download links to Infometar and Autoweather listed in the First-time Fly!ers guide at the top of this forum page.Since there are online Fly!ers using this successfully, you may want to make a separate post on this issue and see if they will respond with their techniques.The airport problem is a puzzling one, as I have never heard of this phenomenon without the error being present at that location for everyone. It must be an issue specific to your installation. Since you have already reinstalled a number of times, the best recourse may be to resolve the issue by flattening the terrain. There are two ways you can do this:1. Download and install Terrascene 2.1. Using shapefiles from the Digital Chart of the World, render the 1/4 tiles the airports sit on. When Fly!II slices the scenery, it will flatten the areas around the airports and you should have no more problems with them.2. You could download and install the Flattenator program and flatten those areas without learning how to render scenery.Regardless of which approach you use, it will take a little time and effort on your part, but it should make the airports useable. There are links and information on both of these programs at the top of the forum page in the First-time and FAQ areas.I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful Israel. It appears that you have Fly!II working fairly well outside of these issues.

Randall Rocke