Sign in to follow this  

Cockpit side views ........

G'day all,Trying my hand at producing some cockpit views. Decided to start with the side views first ( the easiest :-) ). The *.tga files didn't cleanly convert from RGB to indexed colour so there is a bit of touch up work to be done.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest CaptainJ

Looking good Roger,What kind a plane is that.... 737??I know how hard it can be to make those views, I have tried it my self!

G'day Captain J,Mate I was fortunate to have 5 minutes in the cockpit of a Boeing-717 ( on ground ) last friday, (one of the aircraft originally built for TWA that QANTAS took over on the production line ) so I whipped out my trusty camera and fired away. It's amazing just how dark it is inside a cockpit even in broad daylight. I'm testing it out on the DC-9 ( MD-whatever) as they are basically the same aircraft. Unfortunately in my haste I failed to realise that the crew seats were in their full aft position ( to facilitate access ). If these turn out OK I also have an overhead view and rear view that I will try to do as well.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

Great pics. Love to see FLY2 dc9 get its real side views.tony

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Roger,I work as an mechanic on the Fokker 50 and 100. I only have no digital camera, when I have enough money I will buy a good one. Then I'am able to make some good sideview shots! It seems to be that I'am the other way around ;) Take care

Guest dajackman

Great Job.. The only aircraft I fly with fly2 is the DC-9. Can't wait till ya get it done!!!!! Keep up the work. Wish I knew enough to help.-dajackman

Hi Roger,WOW! this is great! I can't wait to get these beauties and install them.Thanks for your work!Earl.... "and the greatest of these is Love." I Cor. 13:13

G'day Jarno, Mate I also have had a career as an aircraft maintenance mechanic on the heavy stuff; with Qantas and Singapore Airlines. Don't worry about digital camera! Get your shots on normal film whilst you can. Don't put off. If you can get good quality prints it's not difficult to produce a digital image from them. Some labs may even scan them onto cd for you ( for a small fee ). Small home flatbed scanners are cheap and give good results. So whilst you are saving up for a digital camera get trigger happy with a film camera. Don't let oportunities pass by ( like I did :-) much to my regret ).Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi Roger,Those look really good. Any chance of getting some DC10 ones? :-)Cheers,Matthew.

G'day Mathew,Mate if you read my reply to Jarno you might get an idea of how annoyed I feel at present. I've spent years working on heavies and never bothered to take any photos. Last week I was on a work tour (no longer work for an airline) of BAE and Impulse Airlines. That's where I took the photos of the B-717.Ever since the fallout of Sept 11 I now find I can't even get into the Qantas workshops.I know a few people who work for Qantas though so I'll put the word out and see what happens. If for some reason I do get access to any aircraft rest assured that I will snap as fast as I can. One of my sources has given me a few pages of the 747-300 performance manual re V1 Vr V2 etc. Are you still interested in this info?Cheers,Roger YSSY

Hi Roger,With regards to the info... yes I'm still interested in it. :-) If you'd like to e-mail it to me that'd be great.Cheers,Matthew.