Sign in to follow this  
Guest B1900 Mech

Any negitives to owning one of the CH flight Yokes?

I am thinking of purchasing one of the CH flight yoke products (CH Flight SIm Yoke - USB) (119.95).Are there any negatives with using this product w/FLY2!? (i.e. - lower frame rates, not compatible for some reason, need to get new drivers.... whatever)What are the pros & cons? Is there anything I should know before buying? Thanks.Chris Catalanochris52@optonline.netDell Dimension XPS T600Pentium III 600mz384 mg physical RamELSA Gladiac Ultra Video Card (G Force Compatible) (64 Meg Ram - latest drivers)Windows 98DirectX 8aForce Feedback Wingman Joystick by Logitech

Guest tonyc

get the yoke and the rudders and never look back. They are great.tony

Guest Lindy

I've read in a couple of articles in computer flight simming mags that indicate if you're at all interested in flying helicopters, you can't do that with a yoke. Since I've never used a yoke myself, I can't corroborate such statements. But if you're planning to do any helo flying, you might want to solicit some other users' opinions. Something to think about, anyway.-Lindy :-rotor wannabe (I fly w/stick and pedals by preference)

Guest cornclose

The only thing that I (and others) have reported on with the CH yoke is that they tend to become a little 'sticky' after a while, and require regular maintenance with a dry powder PTFE based lubricant (I use Elmer's Slide All).Other than that, go for it...Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

I bought them in October (Yoke and Pedels). I love 'em.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest jrewing

Well said! I heartily agree ...John

...and require regular maintenance with a dry powder PTFE based lubricant (I use Elmer's Slide All)...Can I ask where you find Elmers Slide all at? Just any hardware store or Wally World?Curious as my yoke has been becoming sticky lately.ThanksPieter

Guest marcao

Lindy's comment is correct about the use of CH Yoke with helis. I have one and love it, but for flying the copters I use a joystick.I'm also a :-rotor wannabe ;) Regards, :-beerchug Marco Antonio Silva Brazil

Guest dajackman

I have both yoke and rudders....I'll never give 'em up!!I have had mine for about a year or so with NO problems....