Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

Quick poll II ............

G'day all,Ah decisions, decisions,Functionality - versus - visual reality.No fence sitting allowed! You can't have it both ways. I'm not in the same league as ROTW :-) I'm thinking of replacing the Hawker O/Head panel with the screen below. This of course would negate realistic engine starting (back to the E key ), all lights etc would have to be keyboard operated.So what's the verdict?Back to the E key orturn a blind eye to visualsEdit: I am of course refering to the DC-9 aircraft by Jean Sabatier and Roberto Vigetti.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Roger,How you goin'.Mate, I havn't got that far yet as to flying "da machine", but for sure, the E-kay with manual operated switches would defenitely be my choice. So, I say go for it.Cheers for nowMarco

Hi RogerI prefer WORKING-Knobs AND REALISTICT-looks.The only planes I use are those who have both.The planes wich do not have a complete cockpit-layout are looking great on the outside ,but missing working panels make them uninteresting for me.RegardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest tonyc

Of course, the new screen. tony

G'day Leen,Mate thanks for the reply.There is nothing more I would rather do than make an aircraft with all the bells and whistles. However I'm a bit of a dum dum and such feats I can only dream of. BUT I do have my dreams :-) The reality of the situation is that aircraft are now so complex that it is just about beyond the capabilities of the individual to produce. Modeling, sound, panels, engines and flight dynamics. Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hello again Roger.My first comment may be a littlebit sharp.It is not ment to be so.It is by no means my intention to be negative.I am a starting repainter myself and it does not fit me to comment others.BUT for me realism comes first inside the cockpit.So I am spoiled with the Socata and the Pilatus.Nevertheless I like all good repaints and appreciate your work.Regards leen de JagerEHRD

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

G'Day Roger,I usually use the E key anyway because I usually don't have time for anything more than a quick spin around the airport and land. Besides "....if you build it they will come". Someone will probably come along and make the panel functional...Either way you decide is great with me. Thanks for all your hard work, RogerEarl.... "and the greatest of these is Love." I Cor. 13:13

Hi Leen,Mate no worries. I'm a big boy and I asked for comments. We have a saying " if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen" :-)I think you summed it up pretty well when you said we've been spoilt by the great aircraft by TRI, ROTW, PMDG and Realair Simulations.That group have made it a pretty tough act for any budding newbies to follow.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi RogerGo for it absolutlyYou just are offering more choices.In france we say 'abondance de bien ne nuit pas' which means'Lot of goods is not a bad thing'.RegardsJean

My vote is go for it. The panel and switches,lights,etc look as realistic as I've seen on real aircraft. I believe the more realistic the aircraft and sceneary are the greater the feel of flying one has is more stimulating and enjoyable. You have a great talent,use it and a lot of us will be grateful and stay with this great simulator we have in FlyII. Thank you for your talent,time and effort you are putting forth.

Hi Roger,I say.... go for it! :-)If you need any help with connecting the switches up just give me a shout, I'll be happy to help. If you can create the artwork (the bit I'm no good at!!) I'll do the rest.Cheers,Matthew.

>Hi Leen, >>>Mate no worries. I'm a big boy and I asked for comments. We >have a saying " if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the >kitchen" :-) >>. >>Cheers, >>Roger @YSSY Roger, We have another saying that is like yours in the South, USA."If you cant run with the Big Dogs then stay on the Porch." TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 28.32ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP

G'day Tony,T T T Time out !!!We have an interpretation problem :-)>"If you cant run with the Big Dogs then stay on the Porch.>Please explain! :-) I would read this as saying that if a developer can't produce an aircraft of the quality of the big guns (ROTW, PMDG, RAS etc) then don't bother producing a lesser quality aircraft. My feet are very firmly planted on the metaphorical porch, but one day I hope to be running with the big dogs. But how do I learn to run with the big dogs without venturing off the porch?Too many metaphors here Tony, but there is one heck of a learning curve for any budding/wishful developer and it is a bit by bit process.Cheers mate,Roger @YSSYCheers,

>G'day Tony, >>>T T T Time out !!! >>We have an interpretation problem :-) >>>"If you cant run with the Big Dogs then stay on the Porch.>>>Please explain! :-) >>I would read this as saying that if a developer can't >produce an aircraft of the quality of the big guns (ROTW, >PMDG, RAS etc) then don't bother producing a lesser quality >aircraft. >Ohhhhh No No No. I apologize for this. I was just referring to your comment about being able to take the positive as well as the negative. So I was giving another example of taking the heat.I like all of the work that all of the developers. Big and small. There are alot of people here who have dedicated many of their time and effort to improve FlyII. I for one say go for it, no matter what it involves. We all know that there are some people who will never be satisfied in life. Trust me I was married to one for 20 years. Again I apologize for any misinterpretation taken by my comment. :)Cheers, TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 28.32ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP

Roger,I'm a lazy pilot and always use the E key to start. Me, I likes the pretty ladies, so visuals always get's my vote. Guess that's why I spend more time painting than Fly!ing!Pete