Sign in to follow this  

Vertex Error's and is this it for Flyll and me

Doe's anyone know what cause's Vertex error's ???For the first time since the original Fly was brought out I find myself contemplating giving up on it :-( :-. :'(.I have a fairly good system 1.5g pen4 Gfource3 64meg vid card 256 ram and the driver's that work best with them.But here's rub I fly around in various Aircraft to various destination's and all go's well :-beerchug but then I fly to another destination and up pop's an error of some discription :-8 be it a winrunn or vertex or some other type of error that just crash's me to the desktop :-vuur.Just in caseI'd like to say thank's to all the fine people out there who have provided me and everyone in this forum with some wounderfull free addon's scenery,aircraft and utill's the list goe's on.Special thank's to Richard harvy God bless you sir may your health only get betterRobert S. Randazzo bet I was one of your first customer's back in the early days of PMDG Wayne Roberts boeingfield@blueyonder.co.uk :-wave :-wave :-wave :-wave :-wave

I have this problem with FlyII whenever I use DirectX8.1T&L. I use a GeForce3 with a PIV 1.5G. If I use DirectX8.1 the problem doesn't occur. I haven't a clue why but I'm happy to just use DirectX8.1 to have uninterrupted flights.David HicksYSTW

Vertex errors come from pushing too many vertices through your graphics card. You need to generate a RENDER.ini file that does not exceed 64MB in texture slots, or you need to expand your AGB Aperture size. I have a 128MB GF4 card. I have my AGP size at 128 and push about 120MB of texture memory through the card + whatever the card needs to operate and generate FSAA. My gut is the combined total is probably in the 200MB range, so that is why I have AGP Aperture size at 128MB. If I lower it to 64MB I get an instance Vertex error.Look for the TexMem Calculator (Excel Spreadsheet) in the file library. See http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...m=DCForumID14#5 for information on tweaking your render. It also has the link to the calculator.NOTE that you cannot create a texture slot with the "999" memory allocation - this will immediately cause the vertex error.This should help.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Have to go away for the week any help please email me i will be back on Sunday. Thanks Wayne Roberts boeingfield@blueyonder.co.uk