Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

All alone...

>>or by some miracle I get >>lured back to MSFS. >>Mike, >>Consider the eye-candy of FS2002. It is really amazing if >you explore all the possibilities. But then you probably >hate the aircraft. Then consider 767PIC or .. wait for the >PMDG's Jetstream. :-eek >FWIW------ I really do enjoy some noteable FS2002 aircraft such as the Dreamfleet Archer II, Flight 1 Cessna 421, & the FSD Cheyenne. The cockpits are full of nice avionic features. A they are a lot of fun for "lower" level flights across some interesting terrain. I really don't care much for fully into the cockpit type of simming such as the PIC 767. Whenever I've flown commercially, I've always had the urge to do the same trips in a smaller GA plane, twin or fast single to see the scenery up-close. The same apply's with my simming "adventures"! And keeping this "FLY" related, it was the lower level flight with TerraScene2 that made the original FLY/FLY2K so interesting!! I made "tons" of that mountainous scenery!L.Adamson

Guest rene_35

Men at work...We are working at ROTW, sorry if you find the time too long :-roll What about aircrafts:- we are creating for RealAir the Seneca panel and the inside views- we are building a Mustang P51D- we are building the ATR 42/72All these planes will be achieved at the end of september (I hope).- we have also created the last 3 month, a lot of french airports (Orly, Toussus, Marseille, Lyon St Exupery, Lyon Bron, Toulouse, ...)- also an european textures package- also several Dll are in progress.Please, if Fly! is dead, we want to be informed ;-) http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d23739667f0e712.jpg

G'day Danny,Mate please upload the Sydney data for Terrascene. Just a quick question though. How can we terrascene sydney without the satelite images files? I've been unable to find them anywhere?Or does your upload already contain the necessary information?Will your upload have instuctions for dummies? I do so want to get a copy of Sydney terrascenery.Thanks for all your hard workCheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi dajackman,There is a tutorial by Jean Sabatier on making and aircraft model with Studio 3d Max at the ROTW site.www.simvol.org/flyIt's a French site but the tutorial is in English. Also check the Avsim library files for "how to's " by Terminal reality staff.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest DannyV

Hi Roger,No satellite pics required - I have created all of the shape files required for Terrascening. They are all based on 1:250 000 and 1:100 000 scale maps so the data is pretty accurate in most cases. (and just quietly, has taken me a s%#t load of time to produce and they are not completely finished yet - roads etc). All you will need to do is unzip the data files (including the TS Project file) into the TS folder, then select Sydney from the Projects. Press Render and in about 2 hours time (will vary based on your memory and processor), hey presto - Sydney V2.0. Download my elevation data (which will be uploaded next weekend - 13 Jul) and you will have some interesting scenery to fly by.I would like to upload an enhanced version, but I'm still working out how to easily upload / download the files (over 800M for 1 tile). I'm thinking of using ECW compression on the images. This will take some more time (I am not willing to show pics just yet ;-) as I want to ensure the textures are more harmonious ?? Basically, I'm a fussy bugger and I'm not 100% happy to show them yet - I hope you understand).Additionally, I'm working on a utility to convert DAFIF data into AIRAC updates for airports, runways, navaids and waypoints. Once the code is working, I need to speak to Rich or someone from the beta team on the best way of releasing the AIRACs - new PODs or massive DEX files ???Anyway, much work to do and I have to go away for work tomorrow for a week... Good thing I have a laptop as well...Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! GroupPS. Looking for a new name so it doesn't clash with AFG.

Guest tonyc

there's nothing wrong with a niche. Let's face it, how many add ons have you bought lately? All the sims I fly have strong and weak points, but I do like the idea of variety. For example, in a typical week I will have done1. one virtual airline flight-fly2 and AMerican West Virtual Airline2. one pmdg 757 flight3. one ROTW plane flight4. flanker 2.55. msfs2002 md-83 in Europe6. ATC by AerosoftHeck, I can't complain at all.tony