Sign in to follow this  

Hawaii uploaded!

It took 3 days but the Big Island of Hawaii was successfully uploaded early this morning. Many thanks to Matt Johnson and AVSIM for extending the "maximum execution time" for uploading a file so that the island could be uploaded. It is kind of a big file (167MB) but with all the layering I had to do in Photoshop it was necessary to keep all the pieces together. Here are a couple of screen shots but if you'd like to see a few more look for the thread from a couple of weeks ago called "The Big Island Revealed."Hope you enjoy.Don

Does this file include night lighting also? I didn't see it in the library yet, to get an answer.L.Adamson

Yes it does. Here's a shot over Hilo.Don

Thanks, I'll plan on getting it as soon as it shows up in the files.L.Adamson

Hi Don,I looked for Hawaii, but couldn't find it. Has something gone wrong?Cheers, Tony

Great work Don! Looks fantastic!

Tony,It's up now! There was a problem in that it took the file so long to upload that I went to bed before it finished. In the morning I came back to my computer and hit the Step 4 "finish" button and got a confirming automatic e-mail from AVSIM that they had the file. In fact it was lost because of my delay in hitting the "finish" button. It almost happen again this morning but fortunately Rick Rossner, Sr. Library Manager for AVSIM, caught my error and was able to save the file for me. A big thanks to Rick and the AVSIM team for this and all they do.Don

Great work, Don. Thanks for all your work you put in this great scenery. Do you also plan to build the rest of Hawaii-Islands?Best Regards and safe flights!Holger (German Eagle) SchleenhainRuesselsheim (near EDDF):-wave GERMANY :-wave____________________________________________________________________Windows XP Prof.AMD Athlon 1330 DDR-266; ASUS A7A266; 512MB-DDRASUS AGP-V8200 T5 Pure (nVIDIA gFORCE3 Ti 500) 64MB DDR-SDRAM, Det. 23.11SB PCI 512CH Flight Sim Yoke USB CH Pro Pedals USBGoFlight-user

DonB;Been looking for your Hawaii upload since you said it was uploaded but can't find it anywhere. Has it gotten to the download section yet?The pictures look really great.

Don; Disregard my last post. Right after I posted it I did find your Hawaii Big Island. Beautiful job Don, hope your planning on doing some of the other islands, like your work a lot, thank you for all the time and effort it took to do such great scenery.

It's there now. Sorry for the delay (see response #7 above). You should find it under "What's new" or the "Fly! II Terrascene" category.Don

Thanks Holger! I'm beginning to look at the other islands now. I don't think the other islands have the same corrupt USGS data problems that were present with the Big Island so should be far easier to complete. Plus I've learned a few things now so there will be a lot less trial-and-error.Don

Don,Thanks for a terrific add-on. It would be really great if you could do the other islands. I often used David Haynes Hawaii scenery for Fly2k and was hoping someone would do the same for Fly! II. Keep up the good work.Cheers,

Hi Don,It's really nice to fly between the "giants" with lava. Thanks for you great work!May I just note one (little) regret. Seems that you used the default parameters for elevations. Is it because you did'nt have enough datas, or was it your choice for FPS's sake, which I could understand?I just love when relief is refined, especially with such a beautiful mountainous landscape! I have to say I don't know exactly how Hawai look, and maybe it's very accurate.BTW, the FPS are excellent!Whatever, don't worry too much about my point, it's just my 2 cents, since it seems there might be more to come! (hope it!)Thanks a lot!Pascal