Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wayne Smith

Fly2 Multiplayer servers still down

Guest Wayne Smith

Well, I just tried again, and the TRI servers still seem to be down. I was wondering if anyone has had success in accessing them since earlier in the week? Has anyone checked with TRI support regarding the status of the servers? I hope the multiplayer servers have not been discontinued!Wayne"SimPilot"

Wayne,still the same problem here. :-( Hope it will work on Sunday... Otherwise we could try to contact TRI. Hoping that the server has not been discontinued too!cuRobert:-rotorEDCJ

The server has not been discontinued. I'm trying to contact our network admin to see if he can reboot the machine. Most of our folks are out of town for the holiday weekend, so I'm crossing my fingers that I can track him down.Rich

Hello Rich!Always nice to see you here!Glad to read that it's just a server's caprice!I jump on the occasion to bring forth an issue:I tried my first multiplayer a few weeks ago, and I was a bit disappointed with the other planes movement. It's nothing like smooth, even with a good connection (ADSL). The idea of a persistant world is really great, and it would be more attractive if we could see our fellow Fly!ers really move and not teleport from point to point. Maybe the fact that I'm in Europe does'nt allow faster transmissions.I have no idea if the beta team might change anything on this issue. Please, take this remark into account only if you think it's pertinent and if time permits.Best regards!Pascal :+

Guest Wayne Smith

Rich,To add to Pascal's comments, I am a frequent user of the Fly2 multiplayer servers, and really enjoy being able to fly and chat with other Fly2 enthusiasts!! I have met several new friends thanks to the multiplayer features of Fly2!In fact, you may have seen that Robert "Helibird" and I have recently been organizing weekly multiplayer flights on Sunday's, and for the past two weeks, we have been trying to get folks interested in virtual air racing at 4SD (Stead Field) with some scenery we put together for the events!We had planned to have our next race this Sunday, so it would be great if the servers were back up... :-) :-)I am using a cable modem here in NY, and I notice the same warping behavior when I fly close to other aircraft...whether the latency of the server connection is small or relatively large. It would be great if the multiplayer aircraft movement was smoother - but we still love it! Thanks again for a great simulator!Regards,Wayne"SimPilot"Fly2 Bell 407 Pilot