Sign in to follow this  

Look!!!!! This Forum is Alive Today!! nt

Guest Dean

It has been rather dull lately. Thanks Larry!:-beerchug

Dean,Remember the good old days!................... TerraScene2 such as the Columbia River Gorge & the Grand Canyon! Or how about all the cloud variations with the new SKY files, not to mention the great instrument platforms made available with the smooth flying V88 series.Heck........ I'd go on a vacation somewhere, & then immediately re-create the area with TerraScene2 when I got home. And if was a commercial flight, I'd use the PMGD 777 to re-live the experience!AH---------------- the good "old" days!!L.Adamson

Guest Dean

Larry,;)I'm still living them with Fly II! I'll pick an area of the country, TS2 it, and then just fly around it for a while. If it sucks, I get rid of it and do another. When you combine the HITW hi-res graphics and the intricate network of local roads, railroads and highways you can get lost in the scenery looking out the window. Could use a 3D model or two though........... But then with such an open architecture you can have products like Terramodels 2 that impresses more and more every time I use it. For people who like to tinker and build things, TM2 can really satisfy that creative need tinkerers and builders have. And the need for 3D scenery that Fly II has. :-lol

Mr. L. Adamson,Yes, indeed the General FLY! forum is alive. Heheh, I think she just needed Defibrilation at the 3000 kilojoules setting. hehehheYours Truly,JimmyBob

If it takes the "gentle" spark of mentioning another sim, then what the heck!!! It IS good to see some life here!!L.Adamson

Mr. L. Adamson,I have read many previous posts in this forum over the last six months. It appears to me that you have been referenced to as a FLY! "traitor" or a "arbitrator for FLY! in the MS community." Would you care to comment on this matter? There seems to be some smell or orra around with your presence here. Please fill me in on the matter. Yours Truly, :-waveJimmyBob

Certainly.....................My time line of FLY----Purchased new PIII600 especially for FLY & FUIII. FS2K was not yet in release. Very impressed with the panels but thought the scenery & flight dynamics sucked! And I let this forum know it & was generally criticized around here!! :) Just about every post was crude & rude, especially one titled "Theres a FLY in Your Soup". Thank goodness FS2K came along to lift my spirits, although I had actually shunned FS98 for Pro-Pilots topography & airport data-base. MS was still stuck with "flat world" technology back then & a lack of airports west of Denver.In the meantime "Ground" is released which helps with the dull textures & then some new scenery from those guys in Austrailia, although I can't remember their names. Somewhere in the same time period some great shots of the Columbia River Gorge are introduced with TerraScene & Rob Young releases some aircraft model updates. The sim is really starting to look good now, & I even E-mail a few FS & Pro-pilot people to check it out! With TerraScene2 released & a pre-made packet for the KSLC area, this sim becomes #1 on my HD, surpassing FS2K which still has some irratating jitters. It took CFS2 & a combo of running FS2K scenery with it to again become 50/50 with FLY. In the meantime, I created tons of TerraScene2 as well as downloading another good looking Grand Canyon pre-made scenery packet.Somewhere along the line, I even told off an Attorney who thought FLY wasn't up to expectations & threatened a class action lawsuit.....he was a first class JERK, IMHO!!A couple more years pass & I awaite FLYII. Initial reviews are somewhat disappointing, but I figured I'd awaite a new computer up-date before purchasing it. In the meantime, FS2002 is released & I'm pleasantly surprised just how well it runs even on the PIII600. No more having to run a FS/CFS2 combination!!At the end of 2001, I picked up a new Athlon 1900XP with a Geforce3Ti500 video card. Also purchased FLYII & IL-2 Sturmovik the same day. Installed FLYII & generally disappointed! So yes.............. I'm a "traiter" I suppose! But then I was also known as a Pro-Pilot "shill" with all the FS98 simmers telling me off!I just can't win! :-lol L.Adamson

Mr. L. Anderson,Thank you for your detailed autobiographical history of FLY!I certainly appreciate. As for myself, I was stuck on ATP (Sublogic) until FS 98 came out. FS98 was revolutionary in graphics no doubt. I really enjoyed ATP as well. I believe I had a 386 at the time with a woping (at that time) 8 mb of ram. hehe You got a detailed manual with IFR enroute Jet-Route charts and Approach plates for most of the terminals as well. I would do a flight plan and have the autofly mode have the B747 touch down in Australia in my sleep. The autopilot was the best I have seen, even to this date. It would touch down in a CATIIIc appoach with a 40 knot direct crosswind perfectly on the numbers. It is very peaceful to fall asleep listening to those engines hummm.. hehehI was highly disappointed after the large amount of anticipation of the product. It was pathetic in all aspects. At best it was a "Beta" product packaged nicely. The one feature I did really enjoy in propilot was the engine cowling and prop being in view. This game the sim a realistic euphoric quality to the "in-cockpit" screens.I was highly anticipating FLY!, I was generally pleased with the product. Cockpits and systems were revolutionary. I liked the concord i the MS FS2000 version.. however, FS 20002 has had very little advances IMHO. Everytime I take on an IFR flight once i've left the departure area i'm handed off and told to squak 1200.. WHILE IN CLOUDS!! Also all flight models in MS FS have been atroshusly pathetic. I tried taking off the Airbus 319 pro version that was released a couple of months ago.. couldn't even get her off the runway.. with the appropriate flaps and power setting.I am also an avid flyer of ELITE flight sim. I simply have the basic C172 model.. but the flight model and IFR system is perfect. 0 problems. Though it is expensive. If there was a god.. he would make a hybrid company with ELITE,MS, and FLY!.. However, I am saving my pennies so that one day I will become the publisher of FLY!>Somewhere along the line, I even told off an Attorney who thought >FLY wasn't up to expectations & threatened a class action >lawsuit.....he was a first class JERK, IMHO!!lolYours Truly,JimmyBob