Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

PMDG 757 and C4Takeoff

Finally flyscripts sees this fine airplane. I have taken many flights so far but it seems that while flying under atc control (cleared for takeoff), when I am near my letdown point I get turned around heading back to my airport of origin. Any ideas? Do I have to manually enter ILS freg's now also? I got a lot of sim time in for sure. Remember when you made your first landing at Meigs that wasnt dister? White lines for a runway..lol..Are failures type options going to be available ever?One other thing. Slow down early and and descents work fine. Use spoilers to maintain 250 knots and under, 10,000 feet and below while descending. Practice touch and gos and learn how to maintain runway view as best as possible while circling in. Just like the F-16 in F4, airspeed constaints are there for a reason and allow for proper landings. Land 3 might not always be there. Happy Landings, fair seas and following winds. R. J. Emmer

R.J.,Are these "turn-arounds" due to vectors for traffic?

Randall Rocke

Yes they are. I have waited a long time for a turnaround that never comes. It is always seeming to be a 180 going back to my origin airport and I am correctly setting up my flight. It isnt with the other jet (777) either. It seems to be with 757. R. J. Emmer

R.J.,Though I haven't experienced this with Fly!II and C4TO, I have certainly experienced it with Fly!2K and C4TO. It's been a rare occurance, but it has happened. It's not a serious situation, as C4TO appears to work well otherwise. You have a couple of options:1. Go into atccfg.fsc and disable vectors for traffic2. Ignore any vector that sends you 180 degrees from your proper course. Though C4TO will scold you if you break assigned altitudes, it will not admonish you for ignoring a vector command. Simply roger the vector command but continue on your flight plan. Everything should go OK.

Randall Rocke