Sign in to follow this  
Jet Tech

Some FLY-like panels of highest caliber

I just wanted to acquaint this audience (no other sinister motives)what some developers FS2002 have been up to lately. These are 'rendered' panels so fall under the same category as FLY panels but the amount of extra fancy texturing make them really (IMO) exceptional work of arts. Notice subtle wear&tear efects of materials. This is btw from the Eurowings project coming soon. Marcel Felde is the virtuoso responsible for all this 3D work. We are looking here at the ATR-42. There will also be a BAE-146 and A-319 in this collection.Michael J.http://www.ew-projekt.de/report-atr/03.jpghttp://www.fsfd.de/pictures/ATR_OVHD.jpg

G'day Michael,>I just wanted to acquaint this audience (no other sinister >motives) Yeah right :-) I'm not sure of your motives but this post is way over the top.There is a screen shot forum and a MSFS forum for such a post.Nice panels by the way but why not show them to someone who cares - in the correct forum.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

I agree with Roger. Nice panels, though one thing I wish some MSFS developer would figure out how to do is anti-alias the border between the window and outside scenery. Yeech! And, the stray black pixels don't help either.Rich

I'll stay out of this one..................... except to say that higher resolutions will help in the case of the MS panel window borders.L.Adamson

G'day Rich,Mate to be fair I've had a heck of a time myself trying to eliminate stray pixels. In the screen shot below I must have converted the file from PBM to TGA and back again at least a dozen times or more, and still some of the little black dots persist in appearing. I'm starting to think it may be in the conversion perhaps.What I'm doing at present is painting the view in TGA/RGB then when finished converting to indexed colour image and finally converting to a PBM image. They just won't disappear!Sometimes the indexed colour conversion is adaptive and other times it may be exact. Could this have a bearing on the problem?Got any tips on the best way to get rid of them? :-)Great to see you participating in the forumCheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Pete,Don't get over excited it's all digital camera.Part of my Qantas Link repaint project :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

They *are* very good looking panels. However, my main question is how *functional* are they?? If they are as functional as FLY's, then this is of interest, at least to me, as a FLY user. If not, then they are just impressive eye candy. Can anyone tell me if some of the MSFS second party panels do model systems as well as FLY? By this I mean not so much that I can flip the switches, but when the they are flipped, something actually happens.

My main problem with Microsoft FS2002 is i really cant accept this bad marriage between 2D and V/C.Really they will have to decide which way they are going in future editions and do one or the other properly.You either have a VC which with any serious level of functionality staggers to a halt or you stick with the unrealistic 2D views which are claustraphobic and reliant on unworkable pop up windows.I have also noted derogatory comments fired at Fly! regarding flight models as if FS2002 was some sort of yardstick to measure by.The FS2002 flight engine is full of serious problems. Okay Rob has managed to work around to get aircraft doing basic things that they should do but please dont hold FS2002 up as a shining example as how things should be in either panel design, flight dynamics,weather , clouds or skies.IL2 is way ahead and I would love to see what those guys could do with a GA simPeter

> They *are* very good looking panels. However, my main >question is how *functional* are they?? They match functionality of FLY panels.Michael J.

>a shining example as how things should be in either panel Peter,The pics above are not to illustrate how well FS2002 looks like but how well these panels look like. The same panels could be put into FLY. It has nothing to do with FS2002.Michael J.

Guest Henri W

Michael,How do you know? Are you a beta tester?Henri

Still stirring up this kind of stuff, almost a year later..... When will you ever stop?