Sign in to follow this  
Guest jrewing

new sim for IFR pilots hits the streets!!!!

Guest tonyc

this new sim features a complete and very accurate instrument panel as well as a flight model second to none of the Cessna 172. Pilots who want to practice IFR prcedures from their chair can do so without having to spend thousands of dollars. It sells for $29.99 and it is already available at your local software vendor. tony

Guest ben_

TonyOf the many things that make the Fly! experience so enjoyable, that panel is one of the best. The readability of each of those gauges without a hint of a squint makes flying so great and makes Fly!2k/2 unbelievable value as you (jokingly but accurately :-)) point out.Ben

Guest tonyc

Let's imagine this pic advertised in flying magazines.:-)tony

Guest Josve

You never see it happen!! The flightsim world is just one sim and that's F$2002.......Thats the sad part :(It seems like Micro$oft have monopoly on the flightsim community!!But we know best,don't we!!! Fly2 RULEZ......(or rocks)Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Nice post, however you are slightly below the glideslope as indicated by the three red dots on the four bar vasi.heheh... instrument pilots need to be precise or we will be a hole in the ground.I have consistenly seen FLY!II for sale at Babbages, Gamestop for $14.99 for at least 3 months.JimmyBob

Guest tonyc

Don't tell anyone, Jim, but if you look at the airpeed indicator, I am standing still.;-) For the purpose of what has been going on these days(all good lively chat), I immediately thought of this wonderful gem that is hidden in FLY.tony

Guest jrewing

Hey Tony,Nice post! :-)I used Fly2K while working on my instrument ticket and still use FlyII to practice approaches. It has some shortcomings, but is overall quite good. The shortcomings include missing localizer Morse code identifiers, poor support for LDA approaches, and some missing navaids (though Randall has certainly closed the gap on this). You also can't do real GPS approaches in FlyII.I also use Elite V7, which is pretty remarkable in many respects but also much more expensive. The scenery, clouds, and visual effects in Elite just don't compare with FlyII. Elite does simulate various IFR GPS units (complete with GPS approaches) and provides random equipment failures, dual monitor support, a cookie crumb ground track history on the map, and a nice drag-n-drop interface for positioning the plane that is much faster to use than Fly's slew mode.Still, I find that FlyII is very much like real life when in comes to descending from clear blue skies into the soup. Set the cloud layer at 300' with a 2000' thickness, jump into the Flyhawk, and try shooting an ILS close to minimums by hand. Makes me nervous just thinking about it!For the price, it just doesn't get any better that FlyII ...John