Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roy

Fly2.....the future....

Guest Josve

We have a great sim that almost nobody knows of......What can we do as a community to get people be aware of this sim?How can we spread the word when there is no advertising?Software stores doesn't know about Fly2 at all......There is almost a problem here in Norway to get it!!What can we do to get the developing going? We have to atract customers!!I'm doing a lot of PR on the Norwegian forums,and I have managed to open a lot of eyes by posting my screenshots,advertising the PMDG,RealAirSimulaton,ROTW,and not least,all the one man development's going,and all the other products for Fly2.Just so the F$ clan and the fly2 owners can see that it is alive and moving forward in the right direction.Posting screenshots in the Avsim screenshot forum is also a good thing!The feedback from my "work" in spreading the good word have been very positive.Here in Norway there are a good handfull of Fly!ers that works with scenery and Jan working on some heli's.But is this enough to keep the sim alive????We got to let the Flightsim community understand that there is an alternative to F$2002!!!Why hasn't the reviewers at Avsim put their eyes at PMDG's 757?,ROTW's TBM700? It seems like the whole flighsim world just contains one sim!!Just some thoughts in the middle of the night (I'm at nightshift)Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Guest dajackman

Great Question:Why hasn't the reviewers at Avsim put their eyes at PMDG's 757?,ROTW's TBM700? It seems like the whole flighsim world just contains one sim!!

Guest chezz

FLY2 is still "THE" flightsim for me and it will keep on flying as long as there are people who believes in this great product.

Yes, this was what I've been thinking for a while. We have here a monster of a good product, of which its price in the shops is just so low for all the quality you get. I paid

G'day Johnny,I teach aircraft maintenance apprentices at an Aeroskills College and I'm alway promoting Fly! to them at every opportunity. It's sad that they have never heard of Fly! previously but they are really amazed at the realism of Fly! I have printed screen shots on my office wall. I guess spreading the good word by mouth will help but when Joe Blow walks into a computer shop and sees a big box of MSFS promimently displayed is he going to notice the small dvd case with Fly! II hidden aroun the corner amongst the miriad of other titles?It all boils down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Just for info Fly! II is still holding it's price in Sydney! $79.95Anyone who is picking it up for US$10 is getting a bargain.Keep your web site going mate it's brilliant.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Josve

Morning Roger!My nightshift is almost over,and I'm soon off to bed :)Agree with you! As long as Fly2 is placed in a tiny box,and none of the "new" simmers have heard about it,noone buy's it......everyone have heard about Mico$oft fs2002,the avertising have been huge....and it still figures in pc magazines.And when a kid/guy/man walks into a software store he knows about one flightsim,and that is?? correct Flightsim2002!And of course he buy's that....noone buys something they never heard about or seen reviewed...so the dvd case containing Fly2....is left among all the other games.One should almost beleave that all the major flightsim sites was sposored by Micro$oft......Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Mate,The reviewers I suspect are MSFS users. Why not write a review yourself and submit it to Avsim? It would be interesting to see what happens.You have to understand that we are outnumbered probably somewhere in the region of 100's to 1. Hence all the third party stuff for MSFS.That's where the market is.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest phil

Looking around the gamestop site the other daya I came across this:"Pack 5 Flying" by Global Star Software for $19.99.Includes: Jetfighter IV (never heard of it), Search & Rescue 2 (possibly heard of it), Red Ace (never heard of it), Bounty Hunter (never heard of it), and Fly II (very sad to see). I had to check the box cover carefully to make sure that it was Fly!II and not the original Fly!.http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/473530b.jpgA sorry state for a flight sim series that promised so much. Let's just hope it's not how Fly finally ends. :-((PS. Global Star's "Pack 5 Racing" contains TRI's 4x4 Evo, so I guess they have some deal with Take Two?).

G'day Phil,It's not necessarily a bad thing to have Fly! II going at bargain basement prices.At least this may introduce Fly! to a larger user base. I have seen a few threads here from people who bought Fly! II like this and were amazed at the quality of the product.It's good advertising - spreading the wordI think a copy of Fly! II should be put in every packet of Kellogs Corn Flakes :-)We have to increase the user base.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Johnny,>One should almost beleave that all the major flightsim sites >was sposored by Micro$oft...... >Avsim exempted of course :-)Mate if Microsoft were sponsoring Avsim then rest assured we wouldn't posting in a Fly! forum here today.Look at the track record. Cessna locked exclusively, Jeppeson locked exclusively. You get the message?Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Damn! Why didn't I think of that?! I'll contact the major cereal vendors in the morning and see if one of them bites... :-)

Guest Josve

Yes I get it Roger :) But Avsim didn't do any reviews of any Fly!/Fly2 aircraft since the Citabria/Decathlon from RAS.....ROTW have made 3 great planes and PMDG the 757,not mentioned with a word in the reviews?And over at fs.com they haven't reviewed anything since the 757/767 for Fly!.So I think it would have helped if the major fs.sites at least bothered to publish some of the news going on........Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Guest Hagar

Ok guys you got my attention. I`m going to put in a new page on my site, explaining what Fly II really is...that`s the least I can do !Btw, check the pics from upcoming ENGM there :)

Guest Jan

I'm introducing FlyII to all my friends,also at my work(major helicoptercompany.)In the end most of them open their eyes for this sim,andcontinues to stay with it.And why don't we all go out and buy a few copys of FlyII and give away.There's always somebodys birthday.Or maybe for Christmas presents.We need more people to come and look at FlyII on our own pc,latestpatch with all the goodies installed.Let them try it.I think they will bepleased.And Johnny,your site is exelent.Maybe the best beacon for Flyon the web.Good screenshots always act like a magnet to many people.Keep it up.I'll stick to FlyII.For me there is no alternative : )Have a nice flight.Jan