Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roy

Fly2.....the future....

Hi Steve, just a thought!!A while ago someone did some scenery which may be of interest to your project. I can't remember the Guy's name but, I'm pretty sure he did Fiddler' Ferry with cooling towers and Stack. (go their every week). Anyway don't forget the Runcorn Bridge!!...Ha..Ha.When I've finished up on the B737-500 Im working on I was thinking of issuing EASYJET livery so I'll look forward to flying into J.L.AGood Luck on your sceneryJohn (Mancunian)DC10 ProjectB737-500

Thanks for the tip, I didnt know about the Cooling towers project. I lived in Widnes for 9 years and have got used too the view. Ha haa.Now live the top of a hill facing Wrexham, and enjoy watching the Baluga fly into Hawarden EGNR, Balloons flying over Cheshire and an army of microlites fly over regularly.All the best, Steve

Guest dajackman

Just saw a catalog for Kings Schools. You can win a new cessna. Guess what logo is on the tail? Yup, Microsoft.......

HiSorry to say, but nothing new from me!!I am a pilot IRL. At all the FTO here in Denmark I come at NO one knows the FLY serie!!I have showed FLY to a few people and the LOVEED FLY !!One letdown is nav data. I FLY: Denmark is a NO go allmost no nav data.But lets face it what sells is eyecandy....... And here FS2002 wins BIG... Yes I am a FLY fan use FLY 80% and FS2002 20%HenrikPS. Let someone make a nice poster. And lets us have it, we can put this up at different airports FTO's ect..

Guest Henri W

Hi,I have asked this question several times in this forum. I am really amazed that Avsim puts a major announcement on its front page for each time a screen shot is added to a site for a future commercial flightsim, whereas something like the release of a magnificent masterpiece like ROTW's TBM 700, (which is freeware! and yet measures up to the best of payware) does not get any attention at all. The same holds for some other great Fly! (II) related addons.I have often thought about writing a review myself, but always felt I was not qualified enoug to do so (only being a hang glider pilot and former sail plane pilot). Perhaps I should give it a try anyway.Cheers,Henri

>But lets face it what sells is eyecandy....... >And here FS2002 wins BIG... >Yes I am a FLY fan use FLY 80% and FS2002 20% >And what was one of the most creative add-ons ever for FLY? You guessed it!! TerraScene2 which is ALL "eye candy". And I'm also assuming that many users of FLYII also create & import TerraScene scenery areas. "Eyecandy" is such a frivolous term anyway. It's used as though it's dessert & not really a requirement. But in reality, it's at least half the experience. Flightsimming over vast wastelands of nothingness or stuck in a dark cockpit home-ing in on instruments doesn't keep any simmers attention forever!In fact, I'm sure the person who coined the term "eyecandy" for flight simulations must have been using a "lifeless world" of a sim & needed an excuse to justify it!L.Adamson

Guest Henri W

Larry,TerraScene2 adds immensely to the flying experience because it gives the possibility of VFR flying. You will admit that in that respect it is a lot better than Fly! II default scenery, but also much better than FS2k2's default scenery. In fact the possibility of TS-ing interesting areas is one of several important points why I like Fly! II so much.Cheers,Henri

Guest Roy

>And why don't we all go out and buy a few copys of FlyII and give away.>There's always somebodys birthday. Or maybe for Christmas presents.What an excellent idea. I'm going to do just that :-)(I'm even going to burn a CD with all the patches on to go with it. And maybe some of the best add-ons too. :-) )Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway