Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astrojet 112

FLY 2 Advantages

Guest Astrojet 112

Can you guys please tell me what advantages FLY 2 has over FS2K2?ThanksAstro

It's cheaper to buy & less payware is available, which farther helps the pocket book! Hope that helps...Other than that, go by what reply #1 says

Guest Josve

Hello Roger!!I guess the word is maturety :)Another point of view.....if the best product is that who have sold most in the world......why doesnt everybody drive a VW beetle? it got to be the best car since it have sold most copies.....Nah this was just some silly thoughts....Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Guest Josve

Roger!Absolutely nothing wrong at all by owning that car :)The example was a little off piste,but I'm sure you know what I mean....Lets take another example....why doesn't everybody go out and buy Michael Jacksons records?? Since he have sold most copies in the world,he therefor have to be the best artist right?? So if you don't like Michael Jackson you are stupid,and doesn't know anything about music....I therefor has to be stupid since I like Dire Straits,Mott the Hoople,Nazareth,Bob Seeger and the Silver bullet band....etcThe point is that you choose what you think is right for you...And if there was no other cars in the world than Opel....everybody would of course drive one.So when we have several sims to choose from,you have a choice to make..What is best for me,isn't always the best for my neighbour.But of course you have to try several before you can make up your mind of what suits you best.Ans thats my point.....Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Guest Hagar

Astro,Which planet did you get your name on ?? (Just kidding !!)Check the pics on my site too. You won`t get such skies in other sims.Closest I have ever been to "As real as it gets" :-O

I stand by what other said - unless you try both you really won't know which one will work for you.Also there are so many screenshots available - check them all and see which ones you like better. Good place to start.Michael J.

G'day Johnny,I got your point first time Johnny. I was just having fun with you about the VWAnyway back in '65 I bought a Mini :-) also a great little car.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Astro, Well there you go mate. Great advice from all. It won't break the bank for you to buy both sims. It's not like getting married you know, you are allowed to have more than one sim on your hard drive :-) Buy both, try both and the chances are you will end up using both for totally different reasons. Over time you may gravitate more towards one than the other but if you do it will be because of your preferences and not someone elses.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Have a look at the "Fly! II Showcase" site. This site will help you see what Fly! II is all about. Here's the link:www.flyskyward.com/flyshowcase.htmHope this helps.Cheers,

Guest ben_

OK personal feelings1: A newbie has a big task to overcome. 1.1 Getting it to start on your computer-GForce best chance. 1.2 Looking out of the aircraft depending on where you are. you may see a lot of nothing - hard for those used to the . other sim which has a bit of an airport at most airports. 1.3 Multiple patch versions to start getting the addons required2: To overcome this we have a lot more work to do. 2.1 If image looks too dark . 2.1.1 Todd Klaus's scenery enhancer for textures . 2.1.2 If sky too dark. 2.1.2.1 Built in sky editor. 2.1.2.2 Download skies.ini files from AVSIM. 2.2 If accurate vfr terrain required. 2.2.1 Terrascene files - large but outstandingly accurate - . including roads, etc.. 2.2.1.1 Look for 50-100MB files in AVSIM library. 2.2.1.2 If not there download. Todd Klaus's Terrascene- and build your own. 2.3 If 3D models required. 2.3.1 Look for scenery files in AVSIM library. 2.3.2 If not create you own with. 2.3.2.1 Built in scenery editor. - good, fast development but not optimized. for polygons (frame rates). 2.3.2.2 If not download. Allen Kriesman Terramodels to create frame rate. friendly scenery. 2.4 Clouds not to your liking. Download Jure's Big Mammas for big thunderstorm type clouds.. If you're up to the above you'll get3.1 Two wing flight modelling. It needs to be tweaked hard to get the most out of it but . it means thanks to collaboration and development by . Rob Young and physicist Paul Russell , . one wing can stall before the other, enabling. 'true' spins - speed capped at 60kn or so. - only try this on aerobatic aircraft.. Fly!2 is probably worth it for this feature alone.3.2 Helicopter- I haven't had much to do with it but the resident. helicopter officianado(sp?) says the only thing that compares. is a much more expensive dedicated piece of software.3.3 Cockpits. Fly! and Fly!2 2 have a reputation for high quality cockpits -. sharpness and mostly working instruments and correctly . positioned.. The newest cockpits are :. 3.3.1. The Stearman biplane including float version. 3.3.2. The Bell helicopter including float version. 3.3.3. The Pilatus PC12 turbo3.4 Twin engines. When Computer Pilot started a twin engine tutorial, they chose. the Fly2k and then the Fly!2 Piper Navajo for the large number. of working instruments to match their real world checklist.3.5 Freeware. Outstanding mentions. 3.4.1 Rob Young 172SP/Pilatus flight model uogrades. 3.4.2 ROTW (Rest of the world). 3.4.2.1 Piper Warrior. 3.4.2.2 Piper PA19. 3.4.2.3 EADS TBM700 . 3.4.3 Squawkbox for Fly!2 by Lefteris. 3.4.4 Scenery developers - too many to list3.6 Payware. PMDG Heavies. Real Simulations Citabria (Rob Young,Peter Sidoli,etc) I know as soon as I post this I'm going to be embarrassed for whoever I have forgotten, so I apologize in advance!.This list doesn't include all the people who are so willing to helpwith any of the above or with real aviation information (thanks Randall)..There are definetely reasons for 2 simulators on your hard disk..Good luck.Ben

Guest Astrojet 112

Thanks to all of you guys, I really appreciate the advice!Astro