Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hagar

Hey! Just wait a minute here!

All of you who might think that Fly!2 is "dead", but don't want it to be:I am sure that among you, there might be some good C++ people, scenery people, aircraft people, etc.Could you please email me at lkalamaras@precisionmanuals.com - please attach your developer abilities. I am particularly interested in C++ skills - anything that has a history of flight-sim related work should be detailed as well.Thanks,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Josve

Nah..... Fly2 isn't dead at all :) This terrific community are going to fight on the barricades for it!!Fly2 is going to evolve with all the great developers out there making exellent stuff for our sim.I'm going to work harder than ever to spread the word :) and i'm sure everyone else in this community are too!!Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Guest tonyc

Was anyone really surprised by what Richard Harvey said?We've got to get tour act together, just like any good community would do in the face of something that they don't like. Sometimes I feel that we're too cheap or want something for nothing. Think of it,as Lefteris points out, there are pleanty of programmers out there. We should just be willing to organize ourselves around specific goals for this sim, and be willing to pay for it if we must. Heck, I'll put my money where my mouth is. tony

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Lefteris,It just came up to me, Is it possable to make a project for both Flight simulators? Take the J41 for example why don't you guy's just make this plane for FLY! II and MSFS. I mean you have allready got the research done for only one of the Flightsimulators and maybe you can use the cockpit panels and views aswell for FLY II and MSFS? It's just a thought! :-roll Take care :-wave

Hi Johnny,You are spreading the " word " ,you say ? ! I know what you mean.In that case I am "a believer".And it is absolutely a matter of fact that you are a very goodmissionary.A few days ago I tried to find some pic and tec.details about(you alreadye guessed) the Pa19.Not the flight/sim-model but the real thing.I used several search-engines and believe it or not almost everytime there was JOHNNY`S FLYZONE.I was`nt looking for your pages ,but they are persistently present.You always subcribe with "I'LL BE BACK" !!!WHY???? You are ALWAYS THERE!!!Please STAY??????LeenEHRDpsI was looking for pic and details about Pa19`s used by the French "L

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

NOW..... THIS sounds like the FLYII guys I remember from the beta tester program! Thanks guys! I'm sorry to say, I don't have the skills or programs necessary to help with programing, but if you need a tester, I'm ready! I love FLYII just as it is but love it a little more every time someone makes improvements!Richard Harvey,God bless and keep you and your family and I certainly pray your health problems will vanish! Best wishes on your new project. If it is your passion, it must be awsome!!Thanks to richard and all you guys for keeping FLYII going!Earl Buice.... "and the greatest of these is Love." I Cor. 13:13

Whoah, those clouds are wicked!Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest dajackman

I think after the comments in here this week we are stonger than ever!! I am going to do what ever I can to keep Fly alive. I have no programming brains (other than a little perl) but I am in the process of creating a web site for fly developers to post their beta work. I'm hoping this will help others learn what is needed to create add-ons and enhancements to fly. I will post the address once DNS gets updated.I also want to than EVERYONE for their part in making fly what it is. Let keep Fly Alive!-dajackman

Lefteris,As soon as I learn C++ I'll let you know. ;-) I've only written that Python script to autopause the sim so far. I guess I'll post that this weekend since no one can tell me how to get DefineKey to work right. I've also written all the code at work to do the mass properties fuel burn analysis for the F-16 with any size internal tanks....with VisualBasic (don't laugh)...in Access (really, don't laugh). :-lolnick

Guest DannyV

Hey - Count me in!!! I just returned from a week long flying trip to the news from Rich. Jezzz! I have emailed you as well Lefteris. Guess I'm going to have to move up a gear!!!Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! Group

I`m trying out a few ideas, including elevated borders for the Ak scenery.The border still looks a bit crude, but if all goes well I will be able to make a more natural transition between the ground and water.Andy

And here is one that went horribly wrong from a previous experiment, looks more like a delicious chocolate cake *:-* , but you can see what I`m trying to achieve.Andy

Guest ben_

Andy You've got to stop teasing us and give us a second best version to Fly!2 over :-)Ben