Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrianC

Excellent B33 Debonair ( Pic )

Got it! A very smooth air.file which made it real easy to nail smooth even climbs & descents.Did run into "one" slight difficulty (I might as well spit it out :) )I could only get one notch of flaps all the way to touchdown, with out getting the airspeed/flap warning. Other than that, a very smooth flight.L.Adamson

I'll have to check into this-but make sure you are at the right airspeed. 100 mph initially and 90 mph final. Also-on the deb there is no "one notch" -you can only judge flap position by looking out the window in the real plane-it is possible you are going full flaps at too high an airspeed.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Hello....I just checked again, & only got "one button" worth of flaps. They'll fully deploy after setting down. BTW--- my RV is the same. 0-40 degrees of elec. flaps & look out the canopy. Plane doesn't yet fly, but at least the flaps work, so I watch them and "fake" flight! :)L.Adamson

>looks like 1 year from >completion?! >$$$$$$$$$ ?????? :)L.Adamson

Geof,Thanks again for a wonderful plane. And also thanks to James, Michael, Stan for saving it, and Reality xp. You guys are all awesome, and have done a wonderful thing for the community with this aircraft. Thanks for letting me test it as well. I appreciate all the hard work you guys put in. Thanks You. :-)Best Regards,Joe :-wave http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Tim13

LAdamson,Quick question. I noticed that you have the engine on the airframe. Since your more than a year away from flying it, what do you do to preserve it? Does the manufacturer's recommended pickling routine really prevent rust? Will you have it inspected (looking for rusty/pitted cam and crank) or overhauled prior to the test flights?Just a question that I've often wondered about when I've seen people that are home building.Tim13

Guest BrianC

I'm just on the other side of ORD. I'd love to join you too if I'm free and can snag a plane for a few hours. (What, drive? ;))Ohhh, to have my own plane. ;(8