Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Australian Database Update Version 1.10

Guest DannyV

Hi All,I have just uploaded an almost complete database update (minus COMM and Airways) to the library. It adds a few more airports and runways, corrects existing ILS and adds over 15 new ILS to the database. Over 250 waypoints have been added and all waypoints now reflect the 13 Jun 2002 Australian Enroute Supplement. TACANs have been added, but I don't think Fly 2 can use TACANs yet???I will upload all of my taxiways tomorrow (over 250 airports).Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! Group

Danny,It's true that Fly! can't use any TACANs at this time (nor can any Fly! aircraft, for that matter). Also, if you put in a VORTAC, the TACAN portion will be nonfunctional, leaving you with no DME.This is something we're trying to remedy in Beta. In the meantime, if there is an approach that requires DME from a VORTAC, I've been putting in VOR/DMEs instead, so that the approach can be used.

Randall Rocke

Guest ben_

Danny As usual the results of your generous hard work are certainly appreciated.ThanksBen

Awesome, Danny! Thanks for your efforts! It is always appreciated!Here's to ya, Mate... :-beerchugKen WoodCNN International Weather :-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi Danny,just installed it and it`s great!Thanks very much for doing a great job. I am not australian, but I really appreciate it.Happy Flying,Rodger :-wave

Because of kind, hard working people like you, it makes our forum and flightsim so special.....YOUR DA MANNNNNNNN!!!

G'day Danny,O' dear, runway 16L/34R is now completely over water and now has a water trap for about 300 M at the northern end.Never mind 16R/34L is fine. Looking forward to the taxiway upload. :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest DannyV

Roger,My Sydney scenery fixes the water problem, thanks to Chris Wallace! I will upload the TS data very soon (read within a week) so you may TS Sydney (whole of global tile 107,102). Taxiways fit nicely too!Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! Group

Guest ben_

DannyThat sounds great.Ben

G'day Dannny,Mate you are an absolutely true blue dinki di genious. I't been a long wait but worth every minute of it. A terrascened Sydney with accurate runways and taxiways;You little ripper! I'm over the moon.:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpyedit: the ILS now works terrific - LOC in line with runway and glide slope GS down to minimums.I just want to add my sincere thanks for all you have done re Aussi scenery for Fly!1 & II users.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest DannyV

No probs ;-)For those that want to wait just a little longer, I think I may have found a way to compress enhanced TS scenery for uploads, but I need to test it a bit first!!!! Man am I excited, and not just because it's my birthday today (big 34 - hmmm I feel old) ;-)Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! Group

Danny.Many thanks for the database and thanks for making it so easy to install.The "INSTALL:BAT" sure is a nifty piece of "magic".I love info that can find it's own way!!!I hope I don't get lost TS the Sydney scenery.Rodger Buckley.

Guest ben_

"... I think I may have found a way to compress enhanced TS scenery for uploads, but I need to test it a bit first!!!! " :-eek"Man am I excited, and not just because it's my birthday today (big 34 - hmmm I feel old) "Happy Birthday DannyYou seem to amaze us about every second post :-)Ben

G'day Danny,Happy birthday to you ; happy birthday to ...... in my most harmonious dulcet tones. (you wouldn't want the *.wav file :-)Egads 34 already eh, how time flies! What's all this old business?I've got kids older than you mate so settle down and enjoy yourself.Ya ain't old.:-) Nowhere near it.Danny I'm waiting for your taxiway file as I want to help out populating some of NSW airports with models. It's about the limit of my creativity but I would like to help. So as soon as I download your taxiways I'll start doing airports. I guess there really is a need for a coordinator to ensure that we don't get two people doing the same airport. I'm sure others may also wish to participate.If you want a hand with Australia mate I'm perfectly happy to take on the job. I feel we should have some concensus as to the poly count that we limit these airports to. Compressed terrascenery files! Now that's good news. As Rich said it's all very well having these huge scenery files but how do you distribute them.ANDY will be over the moon if you have a way of overcomming the sinking runway problem.Anyway mate Happy Birthday and have a cold one for me.Cheers,Roger @YSSY