Sign in to follow this  

Still having problems with Fly2 Multiplayer servers

Guest Wayne Smith

I am still trying to access the Fly2 multiplayer server, and "no joy." Since Monday, I have been seeing the "server unavailable" message for the test server, and no response at all from the main server. The multiplayer "client" is apparently trying to locate the main multiplayer server, but I just keep seeing "checking" in the dialog box. The client is not finding the main server, or the server is not reporting back an unavailable status. Is everyone else still having this problem?Richard Harvey, can you help?Thanks much!!Wayne

Hi Wayne,yes, I have the same problem since one week. It`s a pitty. Hopefully someone can fix it. I`d like to get metars as well.Happy flying,Rodger

I get the samething wayne.I wonder if there is away to use squawkbox? I tried several configurations but the best I could do was 4fps. I use SB from time to time without any problems. I'm lacking in the tech dept. but there must be away. After the RH reply to your post last week-end I had my hopes up, I still ask "how long does it take to re-boot a server?" I guess now there is no server to re-boot. Oh well...........

We did a hard reboot of the server today. Can someone confirm that the outside world can connect to the server?Rich

Guest Hagar

I just tried here from Norway, and I have the same problem like Wayne`s screenshot. It never stops checking...

Tried several times after your boot, still nothing.

Guest dajackman

I wonder if we can get the code/software to run our own servers.

Just tried again but still the same here in Germany.Regards,Rodger

We are still working on it. I'm not sure what has gotten screwed up on the server, but it's very strange. The logs are telling us it is online and ready, but no one can connect. It's been running without maintenance for such a long time, I'm worried this is a larger hardware issue. We might have a failed NIC, switch, or other problem in our server room.Rich

Thank You Rich for looking into this for us. This is what makes Fly!.