Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

HELP!!!

I'm going slightly mad....After struggeling with a graphics problem (that was solved by running DirextX 8 T&L) I got problems with the game controller (Microsoft Sidewinder Pro), that I solved by replacing the Sound adapter (disabled the onbord sound adapter), and now I thought everything should work, but now it's like there is a brake on the planes. It's almost impossible to pick up enough speed to lift of, and the plane responds like a whale.I planned to join a fly-in this sunday, (that's why a bought a new motherboard & CPU and installed WinXP), but right now this seems go down the drain. Arrrrrghhhhh...Please, anyone - help!:-vuur Erlend

ErlendThis sounds like an A/C ".hst" file problem. I would delete the .hst file for the A/C you are having trouble with and try it again.RegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Tanks for response.I tried to delete all .hst files first, but this was not the problem.Digging into Bios configuration, I found that the onboard sound adapter had to be disabled in 2 places (in different sections of bios config). After disabling both, the "brake" was released, and all the "heavy dude's" left the plane.:D Erlend

Erlend,Paul is right - this is a fairly natural occurance after a patch. After each patch you need to delete all of the HST files (*.HST) before starting Fly!II again. New HST files will be created when Fly! starts up.You will then need to go into the Aircraft, Options...menu for each aircraft and set all Trim Steps to 1 and all Exponential to 100%. These will have to be set for each aircraft after HST deletion and on the installation of each new aircraft.

Randall Rocke