Sign in to follow this  
Guest captbulldog

Let's remember...nothing has changed

Guest tonyc

Richard Harvey did not reveal anything new. He simply reminded us that FLY3 did not have funding. He is still committed, like all of us, in helping out. The aircraft developers may or may not be with us, but let's face it, if we get a few more quality planes like the citabria, the 757, the cherokee,and the tbm700, we've got plenty of planes. So let's not forget that the recent threads only emphasized the fact that there are still plenty of us still committed to FLY2. If this spirit continues, several things might happen: the sim will eventually be picked up by a publisher, the sim will eventually become open source, or it will continue to get small but important changes by the occasional smart and ingenuos frelancer. Take Lefteris, for example, he's working on getting Squawk Box to become more friendly in FLY2. This is a big plus, considering that serious flyers fly only with real ATC. So let's not the above threads discourage us about FLY's future. And there plenty of others like Lefteris who are working on neat stuff. By the way, what I din't get a feel for is the beta group. Is it still "officially " together? As for me, it's time to brush up on Python. tony

Tony,The beta group is still operational - what Rich was making plain was that he hadn't been able to give Fly! much attention lately. The group is still working on and awaiting new adjustments and updates - needless to say, Rich has plenty of stuff to consider but is trying to concentrate on just a few items right now.

Randall Rocke

Guest CaptainJ

One thing Tony,I will always be with FLY!.... ;)

TonyAll that started this was my post stating that Fly! as it stands isnt viable for third party commercial developers.We at Realair Simulations have had enormous pleasure in your pleasure with the Citabria / Decathlon and that is worth more than money :-)If we were a larger group we could treat Fly! as a loss leader and use it as a public relations exercise but being such a small unit we cant afford the manpower to develop for Fly! and FS2002.Nevertheless we have work in hand which our friends at ROTW kindly stepped in to help bring to a conclusion through TJ one of their members.Remember I have intimate knowledge of the Seneca Five and am pushing Rob to make this a memorable release.I and I am sure Rob will as well help as much as we can with freewareWhat I am not clear about is what TRI will do with the programme. Will they sit on it till it becomes dated and of little use to anyone or are they actively trying to sell it to the highest bidder.I remember the rights to Pro Pilot were sold to a Commercial sim manufacturer who was then promising to release a new version for the PC. That went silent.Nothing stands still in this business and im not clear as to what TRI s intentions are (maybe thats not our business)Peter

>>All that started this was my post stating that Fly! as it >stands isnt viable for third party commercial developers. >Peter,Start a few more postings & I'll bump them! :) While some disagreements popped up.......... as usual, at least it made this forum an entertaining place to visit. At the moment, it seems to be going back to near dead silence! :-( L.Adamson:-(

Guest Hagar

Those so-called disagreements I do not care much about. Those are worthless anyway. And I don`t care much about "entertainment" either.I have no prob finding all that so-called "entertainment" on all those crap TV-channels. Bah, Whats new here ??And, btw, which silence are you talking about huh ?Guess I am a bad boy today (Or is it tomorrow?)

This forum is lucky to have a few "sim versus sim" debates going on once and awhile. This certainly isn't the good old days of SKY, TerraScene, & the V88's. Back then there was lots of life here, and it was one of the busiest forums around! I think Peter's post had no response for about 27 hours because "most" everyone had apparently packed up & left! At least there was a good 72 hours of life back here, thanks to a bit of sim versus sim...L.Adamson

Guest DannyV

Wow - looks great Jarno!!!! Keep up the great work!!! Boy am I busy at the moment - Hires elevation data to upload, Enhanced TS scenery progress, Tupolev Tu-154, taxiways to make, airfield models etc etc. Exciting times if you ask me!!!Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! Group

G'day Larry,Sorry mate you are way off base. This forum is not here for the entertainment value of a few individuals who gain some perverse pleasure from arguing for argument sake. It is here for the benefit of Fly! users to gain the most out of the sim.Despite repeated requests from the forum administrators you and Michael continue to persist in flaming sim V sim posts, posting MSFS screen shots, and diverting the original thread topics into meaningless sim wars. If it's sim V sim that entertains you then why not start a thread in the MSFS forum. They outnumber us here 50 to one so you should get a hell of an argument over there. Sim V sim posts do nothing for members of this forum except to drive people out of the forum. I also was very disappointed with the way the post of Rich ended up.Whilst I agree you didn't start it, for this thread I was upset that you didn't take a more mature attitude and just let it slide. I mean what the heck anyway.Cheers, Roger @YSSY

One point that hurts me in all this is that a commercial producer is not a necessity. Long ago, I bought X-Plane, which was the work of an alone man for PC and for Mac, downloaded it, and since I have downloaded all the versions. With the ultrafast Internet (DSL), it's easy to download huge software and files and manuals, and updates. So, to attain the world, it is not necessary to put a sim in shops that, due to the little sales, would be indifferent to his fate.Yes, all the flyers have not DSL. So you can have sales of CDs via Internet and Visa (or other) cards. It can be made by two persons.It's a big mistake to take a hammer to kill a butterfly.Jean Baruch (fROTW).

LarryThis isnt the good old days when I battled the benefits of Fly! and you did FS2002.This comes across as "kicking something when its down".I have always felt that it is healthy to have a number of thriving sims all with their own strong points (and yes Fly! in my opinion beats FS2002 still in many ways)The sad thing is Fly! cant compete for a share of the market and hence the funding to fully find its feet.I posted a long time back that Fly! unlike MSFS was a new sim, an infant and needed nurturing and encouragement.All that we are doing here is acknowleging the problems and hoping for some sort of answer.I would be delighted if funding was found to take Fly! forward in some sort of way even if in small steps as like before I feel we will all be loosers if we have only one choice and one sim without competition.Peter

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Danny,Thanks for your reply! It's hard to get some time free for my projects! I'am recently busy with my PPL license aswell....Take care :-wave

JeanI have felt for some time that this would be the way forward for Fly! a la X-Plane either headed by Richard with a small team producing a Fly!2 B which itself would be a new release (second bite at the cherry)This was the reason for my posting here to discover what TRI s plans are for the programme as holding onto it gathering dust is a waste of time for them or us.Peter