Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

A couple notes on the Deb....

1) Do give a look to the manual (I hate them too!)-some of the instruments work in a particular way and some questions I have seen are explained......2) The flaps have no "notches"-they are up and down depending on how long you hold them. On the real plane you look out the side to see how much you have-without the vc you can't do that here. Just be aware if you go for "one notch" you are possibly putting full flaps out-hence the airspeed warnings3) This is a definate bug-so I will confess. FS does not like two instances of the autopilot going at the same time (main panel and copilot view). I had to make a choice (perhaps this will be coded in the future) of leaving out the autopilot on the copilot view-or deal with this small bug-I chose to go with the bug. On occasion-(I haven't figured out what sets it off) after using the autopilot -when you turn it off the wing leveler will stay on and the autopilot will continue to beep. If this happens-just flip the master switch on and off-it will fix it. I hope to fix this in future versions-right now it is a little annoyance but again I thought worth the annoyance.4) In some cases-if you have a 3rd party aircraft saved as your startup-the electrical may do something funny-an attribute of the 3rd party aircraft that can be solved by not using it as startup.Please feel free to report anything you notice-this may take care of some of the initial.100 mph on base and 90 knts on final!Thanks,Geofhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Many thanks -- a superb airplane. Next in a list of (possibly) stupid questions -- where's the avionics switch?While waiting for an answer, will keep occupied trying to improve my landing technique. The Deb has a nice sense of weight to it... which means that my finals aren't really pretty to look at right now...Thanks again!Best,Alan Ampolsk

Per your suggestion -- have now rtfm, which I should probaly have done in the first place, and have gone back and renamed the Reality XP gauge, which I should probably also have done in the first place. Unfortunately it refuses to power up, and the GPS unit has no labels on its buttons. They appeared briefly just after I renamed the file, and I got a moment of ATC through the radios. The GPS hung while loading the database. After that it was back to no power. What's the recommended fix? Uninstall and resinstall? Sorry for the question -- could perhaps have saved myself, and you, the trouble.Alan Ampolsk

What is your default startup plane? It seems if you save a 3rd party plane as your startup that that can cause some trouble-a beta tester reported this and saving the default setup with a different aircraft solved it.If that doesn't solve it-yes you can uninstall and reinstall-doesn't seem to effect anything from my trials. A question-did you rename the xp gauge properly?-realiy_xpflightline2.gau?Hope either of these help-I have to hit the hay now-gonna fly the real bird early tomorrow-but if you still have troubles give a hollar or perhaps someone else can help.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Ah -- default is still the FSD Commander, so that could be it. Will try adjusting it and let you know. Did in fact rename the gauge, so will check on the default a/c. Re: an answer, no rush -- reality first. Good flying tomorrow!Alan Ampolsk

What a wonderful plane you and the others have created! It's a joy to fly.Thanks for the info on the autopilot ... I was just having that problem of the lingering beeps and wing leveler.A question I have about the autopilot is this: I have it turned on with only the heading option engaged. I try to trim the plane so that I can climb to cuise altitude, but even though I don't have the altitude hold engaged, the plane trims the plane back down to a 200 - 300 ft/s climb. I can't even hold the yoke back to climb because the a/p trims it back down.Any ideas? Or did I not rtfm closely enough?Thanks again for a great job on the aircraft.John Taylor

Guest Crash_Hawk

Geofa,First let me say :-sun1 wow!! I love your 33. I haven't had much time to break it in, working severely hampers flightsimming. Anyway, one question for you. :-hmmm Where is the HSI? I don't have one and I haven't had time to troubleshoot. When I get home I'll uninstall and reinstall and then reinstall to see if that fixes it. I hope it works. Regards,Jon

I have gotten now 3 reports of this-I honestly don't know what the problem is. The hsi refers to the b33 gauge-are you missing the master switch also (also refered to). I honestly don't know what the problem is...However-if you have a 3rd party aircraft saved as your startup-try saving a startup situtation with a default ms aircraft like the 172. See if that helps.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

GeofFirst many thanks for letting us share in your aircraft. The panel and sub views are great and I like the nose view.The flight model is nicely balanced and excellent in many ways but i do have an issue with excessive climb rate.On full chat at 130 kts I am seeing climb rates in excess of 4000 fpm.Im sure you dont see much above 1000 fpm?Are you going to continue with this as an ongoing labour of love by building a VC?All the best Many thanks Peter

Peter, the VC is getting started on tomorrow when I get home from school(I didn't tell you....shhhhhhhh ;-)), so it might be a week or two at the earliest (hopefully early, got mock exams in 3 weeks!!). Hopefully, Gmax will let me make a VC this time :-fumeAnd the flight model is an issue that Geof I believe (you are arnt ya G ;-)) is sorting out :-)http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/edenw/fs_banner_je4.jpg Think highly of yourself, for the world takes you at your estimate -Anon

JamesThe VC will be the icing on the cake :-)Give us a shout if you get stuck on the climb rate.I would love to know what fuel Geof is using in his baby ;-)Peter