Sign in to follow this  

Slow A/C response

Sorry I'm still fussing about with my "slow plane" problem, but I

Erlend,Were you running your old system on XP? Have you updated the video drivers since installing XP?

Randall Rocke

Hi RandallMy old system ran Windows 98. After installing XP i downloaded the latest video drivers from nvidia's web site. The driver date says: 03.05.02 version: 2.9.4.2Erlend

Hey, hey, hey..., a Major progress.I have formated the disk and reinstalled Windows XP pro and fly II, and running with internal sound card and Matrox G400. Now everyting works perfect.I have NOT patched the video drivers,I have NOT run an auto update of Windows XPI have NOT installed the video editing card Pinnacle DV500I have NOT changed to Gforce2 MX400I'll do all of this later (to find where the problems starts), but for now I'll be flyyyying!!!:D Erlend

That's good news! Sometimes there is no other way to find out where the problems are.

Randall Rocke

Just a little update, that is if someone's interested.The problem with slow A/C controller response occurred again just after installing Adobe Premiere 6.0.Seems to me that the problem must have something to do with the DirectX Media that is installed with Premiere. Regards Erlend

Interesting - I would think that The install would not overwrite your DirectX with an earlier version. Any chance that Premiere has added a TSR-type item that is running in the background?

Randall Rocke

With Premiere, there are installed a lot of things.An uninstall of the lot (premiere installation) fixed the problem.I'll check later if any of the bundled add-on programs that comes with Premiere is the "bug" og if it is Premiere it self, but there must bee something that is replased, downgraded og screwed up, as this happens only in XP and not in Win98.Regards Erlend