Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Pilatus - Flap Warning Light + OBS Off?

I can't seem to get the speed warning light for Flaps to extinguish. In this particular shot, I realize I am flying too fast for flaps. But the light is on on the ground, not moving, on approach, etc. Any tips? Also note the OBS indicator in the lower-left. Clearly off. A bug or am I setting something incorrectly?Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest andrewluck

Haven't checked the flap warning light, I'll do that later.The OBS looks like it's tied in with the problem where the compass card on the OBS rotates the wrong way. If you look, 203 is as far from 180 as 157 is (23 degrees). The card problem is fixed by starting up in the SkyHawk and then switching to the PC-12. Looks like the annotation isn't.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

You're right about the flap warning light. Looking into the pil_main.pnl file revealed the following: ==== GAUGE ENTRY ====annc ==== Flaps Annunciator Light ==== ---- x,y,xsize,ysize ---- 193 229 21 14 -- Subsystem Message -- flpi HARDWARE,LIGHT INT,0 ---- bitmap ---- pflpind.pbg ---- light ---- ailt ---- popup help ---- Flap Airspeed Warning ==== END GAUGE ENTRY ====... and pilatus.amp has the following entry: -- Annunciator Light -- dpnd -- Flap Indicator -- flpi LIGHT caws - Subsystem entry - flap - flap control - bbus gen1 - array of positions (deg) - 4 0 15 30 40 - array of damage speeds (kias) - 4 0 163 130 130 10.0 - circuit load (amps) - 15 Now what we need is for someone who's more familiar with these file formats to explain how this works. I'm very interested in learning this stuff as it's fundamental to panel design.Any offers?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Are you getting "Exceeded maximum airspeed for this flap position" in the lower right corner? If not, the warning light is miswired or the artwork is reversed. I looked at the code and we actually display a text message when the damage speed is exceeded, though I don't see (yet) what is tied to triggering the light circuit. This makes me believe the light indicator is wired wrong, and the actual subsystem is functioning properly.Rich

Rich:The light appears to "warn" regardless of airspeed. However, I have on occassion gotten it to go off, but I cannot seem to figure out what caused it to go off. This light appears regardless of actual airspeed (including when the plane is on the ground). Next time I get a chance, I will try flaps at a high airspeed to verify that the warning subsystem is functioning properly. That said, my gut feeling is that the "wiring" to the indicator light is somehow broken.I'll re-post when I have a chance to get off the ground.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest andrewluck

RichYes, the text message appears in the corner of the screen when you exceed the max speed for a flap setting, so that part is working.Whilst trying to decypher the .amp file I couldn't find any documentation on the CAWS sub-system. I've noticed another couple of anomalies that I'd like to put right; The fuel pump and ignition lights should extinguish after the start sequence when the switches are set to auto. However, the lights are on all the time. Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

There is a strange connection btwn the Flap Warning Light, Instrument Panel Light Switch and the "ambient" light of the sim:1. With no overcast and good sunlight, the lamp stays on all the time:

2. Throw the Instrument Panel lighting switch to ON on the pedestal and nothing will happen if the light is still bright:

3. Wait till dusk or a heavy overcast, throw the panel switch and VOILA! out she goes:

Randall Rocke

Guest andrewluck

RandallJust tried this out and you're right. Maybe it's related to there being no lift at night.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Way too funny.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v29.42, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Needless to say, the virtual wiring job on this one must be a doozy! :-)

Randall Rocke