Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Another (!) WINRUN.CPP Error...

Help! I was flying my PMDG 757 on a scheduled flight from KCMH to KPHX, and had just broken out on top. The clouds suddenly started changing from the beautiful "cbbroken" types to the chintzy Fly!! defaults (one thing: Fly!2K had better weather than Fly!II)! I then got a "FOG.raw file not found" error, and the sim crashed to desktop.I did a search of the forum for the subject, and found Rich Harvey's reply to someone experiencing that error to the effect that FOG.raw was an integral part of startup.pod, and that the error either means that the .pod file is missing or corrupted.So, I reinstalled Fly!II. Now, immediately after the Pilatus startup screen appears, the screen goes black, and the following message appears:Runtime exception code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 00527134File: WINRUN.CPPLine: 152-The GTFO file has the same message, with date and time, and "errno 2 (file not found)." Again, I searched the forum, read the posts, tried the suggested fixes...No luck. (Note: none of the posts reported the same address as my problem...)The Fly!II installation patched up to 230 with no errors reported, and the Video Update pach was applied. The only default.key file is in my Fly!2K directory. *.hst and autosave.sit files deleted. No enhacements (except PMDG's 777 and 757) installed on the 'new' installation.Some assistance would be appreciated, otherwise it looks like my career at the VA is at an end...Thanks in advance -- Dave ReedEquipment: Micron ClientPro CN, 667 MHz, 512 Mb RAM, GeForce 2 Ti with 64 Mb.

Guest tonyc

for the PMDG 757, be sure to read the special installation instructions found in the first thread of the PMDG forum. YOu cannot install all of the patches and then the 757. If you do this, you will get repeated winrun.cpp crashes. When you reinstall, be sure to wipe out the entire directory; then start adding your faforite sceneries or aircrafts. tony

Thanks! I had a couple of the steps in reversed sequence.As the various builds came out originally, I'd patch them up, and would sometimes get a patch error message. When going through the reinstall effort, I found that it would appear to patch despite the same patch error messages. This probably explains the original FOG.raw crash also, as the patching process aborts on error, so I still had an obsolete startup.pod file.The problem presumably hadn't shown up in previous operations with the VA and the 757, as being a junior F/O, I mostly get assigned red-eyes, the only regular daylight flight being a short hop from the hub to my base. Since this is flown at FL280, there had been either a cirrus layer above, or no clouds at all.Once again, thanks for the help! Now, back to rummaging around my hard drive for all those add-ons...-Dave Reed

Guest tonyc

For the money, I decided to get a second hard drive. With it I not only use it as a backup for valuable files but I backup FLY2 in case I get errors after some unknown reason. If I do, I simply bring back FLY2 from the other disk and go on with life.tony