Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Geof.....The wait was WORTH it!

Geof,The wait was well worth the final product. The flight model is beyond what I expected, and all the views from the Deb are gorgeous. I'm in a little learning curve right now with the AP, but I read the instructs again, and I think I'll give her another spin tonight and try my hand at that Autopilot. I don't have Reality XP, but am considering it after hearing how much you like it.Love having 4 people aboard. I think this is a FIRST! The Wheels turn beautifully, and the plane handles like a dream.I like pulling the panel down with my mouse BEFORE I start rolling, then using my mouse to pull down the black edge on the left (which gives me more outside view, THEN I push the panel back up to where it was. This gives me a better outside view, and the full panel. It's a simple adjustment, and it seems to work well. I'll experiment with it a little more.Good luck...Geof. Your friend, Stan ps. Is there somewhere where the DME is displayed in miles? Can't seem to find it.

The dme is on the radio stack and the copilot view-but use the toggle switch on the top to go from nav1 to 2.Stan-you owe the thanks for saving the whole project-it was your mailing of the half completed job after my hard drive crashed that saved it. Thanks again for your help!Geofhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest Lobaeux4

AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!I hate this aircraft!! Y'all realise this Deb seriously takes away from my PSS A320!! What a beautiful panel, the outside views of the aircraft are beautiful and the flight model is a dream. It's easily one of the best handling a/c I've flown. I almost never fly VFR, now I can see I'm going to have to split VFR 50% IFR 50% at least.Two questions though-1. How hard is thing to land in real life. Have you dragged the tail? I'm getting a little gunshy of dragging the tail.2. How do I disable the wind gauge? It does have a wind sound gauge doesn't it? I've had it freeze on me twice now where I've had to reset the computer.Actually I've got another question and a comment.3. Is the Deb a little overpowered? It seems like it rockets down the runway and gets up to speed quite quickly. Is this normal in the real version as well?Finally, the copilot view should almost be mandatory for all future a/c releases. I can't tell you how much fun I've had in the first two hours of beating up the pattern at Little Rock and Honolulu, switching from left seat to right seat. This plane is a blast!! If you haven't downloaded it yet, you really need to. I've deleted the three other GA planes in my stable because of this one, only keeping Mike Stone's great Meridian.Again, BRAVO to Geof for the work on this plane, I could almost be inspired to write a review on her for AVSIM!!JoeBTW- anyone doing any repaints on her yet? I'm hoping for a British Airways tail on her, would love to have one as a training bird for the VA.

Guest Lobaeux4

Oh, if you couldn't tell, I was joking about hating this bird, lol. It's just that it's going to monopolize my time and keep me from payware titles.Ahem, you could've made a lot of money GeofA for this one, let me tell you.Joe

I'll try to answer your questions:1) I think this is one of the easiest aircraft to land in real life-it does sit a bit higher than other ga aircraft but is is real easy to grease. Make sure you intially start your approach at 100 mph and then maintain about 90 mph for the final landing-should be able to grease with those numbers (about 15" maifold 2300 rpm in the winter and 17" and 2300' in the summer).2) not sure about your wind gauge question- i am not aware of it existing??!!3)If you read the readme file (I know I hate reading them) you will see that when translating the fm to fs2002 I found the model very underpowered. I am a "feel" fm person-I went out and did some timings of the real takeoff and also tried to get reasonable runway length performance. What I found is when I got these right-the vsi is too high. I decided to leave it at this (hoping a real fm pro might get interested...cough ...cough) as this allowed me to fly out of runway lengths I was used to and also feels on takeoff like real life.--compromises..compromises....I added the copilot view as a whim-and I agree it is a lot of fun. If I can get the little bug mentioned (in the notes about the debonair on this board) I will feel real good about it!I Know James already has a repaint-you might ask him nice like! :-)Thanks for the nice comments-Geofhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Geof, You're very kind. It's hard to get rid of something that approaches "ART" on your hard drive. You, my friend, deserve all the accolades that are forthcoming. Watch....you will win an award this year on this forum. I PREDICT IT! Stan