Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Southern California ILS Fixes Uploaded

Continuing the California tour, repairs for the following approaches have been uploaded:BFL - Bakersfield, ILS Rwy 30RLGB - Long Beach, ILS Rwy 30LAX - Los Angeles ILS Rwy 24RSAN - San Diego ILS Rwy 09SNA - Santa Ana/John Wayne ILS Rwy 19RAll of these approaches were missing Outer or Middle Markers. BFL and LAX had misaligned localizers.SAN is another case of reciprocal approaches with matched frequencies. The OM now functions properly, but interference from the Rwy 27 localizer will give you an approach offset to the right. The LOC 27 approach probably won't function or will behave as a back course. I have included an option which changes the frequency of the Rwy 27 localizer and gives you full functioning of both approaches.

Randall Rocke

Guest jrewing

Hey Randall,Thanks for fixing the N. Ca and S. Ca approaches!John

Guest DannyV

Thanks Randall,I was thinking of merging all of your ILS updates into one big file for easy of downloading and upating - what do you think??? Thanks again for your work in making Fly better :-)Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! Group

Hi Danny,I appreciate the thought - I was thinking of doing that also. Personally, I would like to divide them up into U.S. and European groups and leave the few Asian fixes as stand-alones.Some of the European approaches require special instructions, so they cannot easily be combined with others without great care, including special Readme files, etc. I will be dividing the packages into folders so that regular installs, special installs, and optional installs can be divided for instructions.Since ILS, NAVAID, and RUNWAY pods, etc. have to each be run separately, I'll probably combine similar pod edits into single DEXs, but I would prefer to not combine them all into one big file as this would require an executable. Once the new packages are up for awhile, I'll clean up the originals off of Avsim.Thanks for all of your work on the Australian DBs!

Randall Rocke

Hi John,Thanks for locating the problem areas! Please let me know of any others you find. I'm going to take the reciprocal approach issue to the Beta group for special considation.In the meantime, since you have the original files and not the released packages, you need to know that the SAN ILS 9 approach cannot be brought into proper alignment without changing the frequency for the Rwy 27 LOC approach. I included this as an option in the release - would you like that adjustment also, or are you going to leave it alone?

Randall Rocke

Guest jrewing

Hi Randall,I think I'll leave the SAN localizer alone, even though it's offset slightly to the right. I like the loc frequencies to match what's on the approach plates and I found that even down to minimums, there's plenty of time to compensate.As for the reciprocal localizer problem, I think it would be cool if Fly could active the correct localizer based on the surface winds. That's usually how it's done in real life.Thanks again!John